PDA

View Full Version : I posted this a few months ago and am still stuck....

Custom Search

THE NATURAL
07-02-2008, 03:19 AM
Here is what I posted.....

I need Help.....
I am new to digital printing and purchased a Konica Minolta cf1501 last Fall with less than 10,000 copies.

8 months later my copier is approaching 50,000 copies and I am very pleased.......that is until the last week.

Last week I replaced all of the Imaging Units for my printer. Afterwards, I noticed all of my full color graphics have become fuzzy....

Also too, there is a visible "line" running thru on every document I print. Sometimes it's pinkish, sometimes blue. The "line" is always in the same spot.

I checked my manual and performed some maintenance that I felt comfortable with i.e. removing the paper duct, cleaning the transfer belt unit, inspecting the fuser unit rollers, and other miscellaneous rollers.

I did notice on the rollers, that in one spot on the solid amber colored roller it looks as if something has scraped the top layer off the roller.......in a spot about 1/8" wide all the way around the roller. It IS NOT however in the spot where the line is thru the print job.

Also too, the trnasfer belt looks to be in good shape.......

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance.

Since this post I have replaced all of the CMYK drums and the Imaging unit.

The line that used to run across the top on Horizontal prints is gone, but the printing is still fuzzy.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO FIX THE FUZZINESS?

mtech
07-02-2008, 05:09 AM
Sight unseen, it sounds like a fuser issue. It could be a transfer problem as well. Is the roller that is scraped the one that gets hot? Please provide more info. For the amount of copies you say are one the machine it is strange to be having fuser or transfer issues. Again provide more info.

THE NATURAL
07-02-2008, 06:05 AM
PM sent...

THE NATURAL
07-02-2008, 06:17 AM
Sight unseen, it sounds like a fuser issue. It could be a transfer problem as well. Is the roller that is scraped the one that gets hot? Please provide more info. For the amount of copies you say are one the machine it is strange to be having fuser or transfer issues. Again provide more info.

Best I remember is all of the rollers get "hot".

wagon
07-02-2008, 09:19 AM
CF1501/2001 had crap fuser units. Yours is most likely stuffed, despite the low copy count. They RARELY did their rated life, worse if machine didn't do much work. Change the oil rollers more often (use the katun rollers) and you will help it, but it won't be as good as the later machines. Sounds too like all of your LED arrays need cleaning. Use the stick in the door (change the pad first). See if that helps.

fixthecopier
07-02-2008, 11:18 AM
You said you changed the drums and the image unit......The image units are the drums. The thin strip that is under each image unit is the led. If toner collects on it it will block your image. If there is a long rod and some sticky cloth pads on the inside your door , that is what is used to clean them. If that is not there then use a dry cloth. You can do test prints for each color in service mode. If your defect is on all colors it can be transfer belt, fuser ect. If it is on one color then it is probably on image unit or led. Good luck

cobiray
07-02-2008, 03:15 PM
If you stop the print job(i.e. open the door) as the copy is being made and before it enters the fuser, you can inspect the image on the paper and the image on the transfer belt for the fuzzyness. If it is on the pre fused image it's not the fuser.

Custom Search