PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7033

Custom Search

i-tec
07-02-2008, 09:24 PM
We have replaced the Drum on our Konica 7033 after copy quality went bad.
Now we have the error code F-56-11 show up on the display.

This happened right after replacing the Drum.

Anyone help please, is there a way to reset?

Appreciate any help, thanks

deep
07-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Did you carried out the appropriate counters reset and adjustment after replacing the drum?

knpgazem
07-02-2008, 10:13 PM
in the 7033/40 service hand book - this error code refers to "the machine type of the software version is different from that of the image processing control program."

fix: rewrite the firmware using the ISW in the 25 mode after SW2 (subpower) turns off.

nmfaxman
07-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Check the charge corona.
Sounds like it is arcing.

i-tec
07-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Thanks guys
I'm not very experienced with this copier. I have got the service manual now and trying to figure out how to check all your tips.
Where can i get this ISW tool?
How do I check the corona charge?

Again, I very appreciate every step by step help from you.

deep
07-05-2008, 06:44 PM
The first thing to do is to clean up the machine, i.e. Optical Section, the machine inside, all Sensor etc.
Second, do all adjustments and counters reset (Refer to the manual).

If the problem persist, data inside the flash ROM may be corrupted.

i-tec
07-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Thanks a lot, I'll clean and ajust first thing tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Let hope that solves the problem.

i-tec
07-07-2008, 04:46 AM
I did all the nessesary tasks according to the service manual.
The error code still comes up.
As I checked the ROM Version in the 25 Mode the error showed up immediately. I could see the version number for 2 secounds and then the error screen came up.
Thats what it showed:
System Control 46 B11
Image control --
Panel 10
Optical Control 16
RADF --
Option Tray --
Finisher 00

It looks like the ROM is currupt, doesn't it?
Could you please advice how to proceed?? Do I need to rewrite the ROM from those DOS disks with my laptop?
If so, can i download the disk images somewhere?

Thanks again for you help.

i-tec
07-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Can anyone help me out here please.
I need those disk from the ISW tool to rewrite the ROM.

Appreciate any help

pepper38_cnd
07-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Since this happened right after changing the drum, I would agree this could be ( most likely is ) an arcing issue, when arcing occurs random errors can be generated. Remove T/S corona and power up machine see if you still get error. If you do then check charge corona make sure the springs on the grid are not stretched out of shape and the hooks are pointing away from the drum. I am assuming you already tried putting the old drum back in to see if code goes away? If you changed drum and blade at the same time and not enough setting powder was used your blade may have flipped (usually causes a main motor error, but I've seen weirder) If everything checks out and you are convinced you need to re flash the firmware, PM me I'll send you what you need.

i-tec
07-18-2008, 09:32 PM
I remove T/S corona and power up machine as you suggested but i still got the error. I had the whole drum unit out and apart again, all fine.

After putting together everything a had a wired thing going on. After pressing SW2 the machine turned itself on and off again and on and off again. this wouldn't stop until I completely turned off SW1 and SW2. After that it came on "normal" to the error code of course.
I highly appreciate your suggestion again and would be grateful for sending me the software to reload to the machine.

Sorry pepper38 your PM is full, can't send a messages

i-tec
07-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks to pepper38 I have got the necessary tools to reload the software to my copy machine.
The upload was successful, thats what the software said, but as I checked the ROM - Version, there still is no number at Image control, It is just a double dash ( -- ).
Still, the error is coming up all the time.
Where do I start to look for the problem causing this?
I remember pepper38 mention a main motor error, could this be the case, and how do I determine that?
Could someone please give me some advice where to start and how to fix.

I very much appreciate you help

pepper38_cnd
07-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Your flash may not have transfered propperly, though I thought you would have gotten an error. Attached is some info from KonicMinolta explaining that your paralell port must not be set for ECP mode when tranfering file to the machine. Check your port setting and try the flash again, also make sure the cable your using is IEEE cable.

i-tec
07-28-2008, 09:39 PM
All looks good with the upload, it gives a successful message on the computer and even after uploading the image a successful on the copier screen and the data LED on the copier is flashing during the upload. Parallel port is set properly and cable is OK too.
As soon as I check the ROM version in Mode25 it shows me the ( -- ) on the image and after 2 sec the error again.

I just don't know where to look for the problem any more.

Any ideas??

ebm
07-28-2008, 10:04 PM
All looks good with the upload, it gives a successful message on the computer and even after uploading the image a successful on the copier screen and the data LED on the copier is flashing during the upload. Parallel port is set properly and cable is OK too.
As soon as I check the ROM version in Mode25 it shows me the ( -- ) on the image and after 2 sec the error again.

I just don't know where to look for the problem any more.

Any ideas??

Not uncommon for Konica Image Control Board to be bad. However, if you had no Image Control Program loaded I pretty sure machine would not power up. If no Image Program should only have data LED lite on and blank display, I think.

ebm
07-28-2008, 10:08 PM
FYI, there is bulletin for F56-11 at power up. CN80 is not "fully" connected, sheet bypass connector.

nmfaxman
07-29-2008, 03:42 AM
Let the machine warm up and code or go into 47 mode and turn each on for a second.
Take each corona unit out and check the wire then smell the end blocks.
Ozone is a very strong smell.
Where you smell it there is the arc.

i-tec
08-06-2008, 02:15 AM
I checked the sheet bypass connector CN80 (removed and reconnected) still the same error.
I was about to check the corona in the 47Mode, but wanted to see the parts before.
After taking out the T/S unit, I realized the separation wire is broken!!
I don't remember seeing that the first time taking it out. :confused:

Could that be caused by the arcing? and is it recommended to replace both wire (separation and transfer) together and maybe as well the charging wire?

Thanks again for any help you can provide

redime
08-08-2008, 10:09 AM
I checked the sheet bypass connector CN80 (removed and reconnected) still the same error.
I was about to check the corona in the 47Mode, but wanted to see the parts before.
After taking out the T/S unit, I realized the separation wire is broken!!
I don't remember seeing that the first time taking it out. :confused:

Could that be caused by the arcing? and is it recommended to replace both wire (separation and transfer) together and maybe as well the charging wire?

Thanks again for any help you can provide
HAHAHA! Yes the snapped wires are the problem.
You need these, this is how your copier works :cool:

kmguy31
08-13-2008, 06:32 AM
u should do both wires together. but u do not need to change the charge unless you see an issue with them.

i-tec
08-13-2008, 10:46 PM
I ordered the 2 wire and will replace it.

Another stupid question: why does arcing occur and how to I prevent it from happening again with the new wire?

pepper38_cnd
08-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Arcing occurs when humidity levels are high and the HV jumps to the nearest grounding point through the moisture in the air. If this happens across a plastic surface like the corona block the arc burns a carbon trail in the block, this trail become a conductive path and now shorts out the HV, causing a constant error (the block usually has to be replace or cleaned very well). Many manufactures have tried different methods of reducing arcing within corona blocks, the simplest is to fill the block with non-conductive grease ( although messy when it comes to changing wires ) this does work well in high humidity areas.

redime
08-14-2008, 04:26 AM
Corona Dope...

Search for it, great stuff. Cover the wires and your springs that hold transfer and seperation wires.

Custom Search