PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C284e c2557 code

Custom Search

tech51
06-29-2016, 06:20 PM
Went to this machine for this code which it has been occurring off and on for a couple of months.
The toner is being supplied to the dev unit but the toner bottle never rotates to refill the hopper which eventually completely empties causing the code.
In service mode when in hopper fill mode the bottle rotates normally.
Once the hopper is full the machine can be toned up again and runs until the hopper empties.
So far the machine has had a new toner hopper and print control board but this has not cured the fault.
Has anyone else experienced this?

techmann
06-29-2016, 06:39 PM
What about the Development unit? Maybe it is not detecting that it is low on toner?

allan
06-29-2016, 08:40 PM
It is detecting low toner thus the C2557 code.
The code is given if the toner carrier ratio goes out of range.

blackcat4866
06-29-2016, 10:52 PM
Something like this maybe?:

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/107925-c284e-cyan-de-toned-but-not-asking-toner.html

=^..^=

EarthKmTech
06-29-2016, 11:19 PM
when the sub hopper is empty have a look inside it from the top and make sure the level actuator has not popped off its rear post. Had this MANY times.

Removal is not required to put it back if you have a suitable thin hook tool

Every time i've changed a hopper at least one has been detached, even out of the box, it happens in transit. The last one i did all 4 were detached.

tech51
07-04-2016, 06:02 PM
when the sub hopper is empty have a look inside it from the top and make sure the level actuator has not popped off its rear post. Had this MANY times.

Removal is not required to put it back if you have a suitable thin hook tool

Every time i've changed a hopper at least one has been detached, even out of the box, it happens in transit. The last one i did all 4 were detached.

Spot on!
It was exactly as described above.
I had to split mine to fix it but it did the job.
Thanks a million Earthkmtech.

Custom Search