PDA

View Full Version : Cf8050 Sc29-06

Custom Search

hwboi
07-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Just got a used CF8050 from another print shop. I was told it was ready to go but just needed a PM kit. The first time I turned it on, it spit out a SC29-06 error message on start up. I went ahead and did the PM and I still get the message.

I went to P36 and recalled all the standard settings but still no change. Does anyone have insight they can share? Thanks!

laserman06
07-05-2008, 04:00 AM
Subject:
SC29-06 codes.
Description:
SC29-06
Solution:

CAUSE: Failed Gamma Sensor (PS11).

SOLUTION: Replace Color Adjust unit (p/n 65AA-2950).

Before you do that I would clean all the sensors on the color registration assy.

hwboi
07-05-2008, 04:20 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

hwboi
07-28-2008, 03:37 PM
I cleaned the sensors on the color registration assembly but still receive the error.

A service technician came out and after he called Konica for help, entered a P43 (i think that was the mode) mode to do individual sensor tests. When running the sensor test it wouldn't finish. So we think it really is the sensor/assembly. Also, we tried powering up the unit with the whole color reg. assembly unplugged and we get the same SC29-06 message.

The service technician (not a Konica tech) looked up how much it would cost to replace the sensor and says the part is $950 because the whole assembly has to be changed.

He's recommending that I buy one of his certified copiers instead of trying to fix the one I have because it could become expensive trying to chase this problem down.

Any help please?

ebm
07-28-2008, 10:27 PM
The service technician (not a Konica tech) looked up how much it would cost to replace the sensor and says the part is $950 because the whole assembly has to be changed.

He's recommending that I buy one of his certified copiers instead of trying to fix the one I have because it could become expensive trying to chase this problem down.

Any help please?

How can service technician call Konica for tech support and part pricing if not Konica tech? Recommend call "certified" Konica tech for repair, if not maybe better to buy machine from company that offer service contract and certified technicians. So, many thing possible wrong- gamma sensor, transfer belt drive,dv + drum drive,ICB. Also, what kine PM done? 100K + 200K pm kits,drums,developers? Automatic Gamma adjust done, etc?

hwboi
07-28-2008, 10:38 PM
What I meant was he wasn't a tech who worked for Konica. I did a search online for copier techs in my area and his website showed that he could service Konica's. But once he came I found out that he's the president of the company and is more in the business of selling/leasing copiers. Of course he can fix copiers and has resources to the manufacturer, but he seems more of a sales guy than a full fledged tech. I even had to show him where things were in the copier and how to access the sensors.

A 200K PM kit was done when I first got the unit. The original seller said that the copier worked and that it just needed a PM kit. Is it possible something broke in transit? The unit has also been sitting a while (1 yr?) since it was last used. Aside from the PM kit and new toner, the developer and everything else has been sitting.

If I start the machine up in P25 mode, I can actually make color copies by choosing manual image adjust mode.

When I try auto gamma adjust I get the same SC error.

Are there other things I should possible check before I try to replace the color reg. assembly?

ebm
07-28-2008, 11:07 PM
What kine color copies produce when use P25 mode, good? Can make one color copy for C,M,Y,K? Any abnormality for any color?

MANY things can check before replace color reg. assy. Have tried test gamma sensor in Input/Output signal mode? Have tried test solenoid for gamma sensor shutter? Have tried replace developers,drums?

Not my business, but why you buy machine before test if work? Had other poster on this forum, Tampa Bay Graphics, who did same thing. Buy machine then find out it no work. Spend many wasted posts trying to get someone on this forum to tell how he can fix machine so don't have to pay for certified technician.

Why Konica "dealer" need customer to show where parts are. We as Konica "dealer" must send technician to be "certified" by Konica before can repair or sell Konica models. Any other Konica "branch" or "dealer" to call?

Sorry for your troubles, hope you can find good technician to help you fix.

hwboi
07-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them a try. I have not tried making one color copies. But the copies that I have made looked good. All of the colors were present and looked pretty close to the original.

I would like to find a good Konica technician with experience with the 8050. You sound like you have good experience, I wish I could find someone in my area.

I wish I could have tested it before I bought it. But the copier was at someone's house who did not have 220V. The copier belonged to him when he had a print shop that closed down. He sold the copier because he was moving and needed to get rid of it. I took his word for it when I bought it. You can bet that I learned my lesson.

Juxta5
07-31-2008, 03:14 AM
You've already purchased the 8050, but not all is lost. I suggest you contact ARC Services Co., 1-800-304-5933 (Pacific time), ARC Services Co. - Konica Minolta Copiers, Parts, and Supplies, Imaging Units, Toner (http://www.arcservicesco.com). These guys are great & can work with you over the phone.

They sell only original Konica parts AND most importantly they are very knowledgeable about Konica's and their policy is to give you FREE technical support if you are purchasing parts from them. But understand that they will not try to talk you into purchasing an expensive part just to make a sale, they would rather exhaust all other possibilities first. Also they will not encourage you to install something if they think that it is too difficult.

www.precisionroller.com (http://www.precisionroller.com) will give you near wholesale prices on parts as well, but no technical support. If you have a manual with parts, you should be able to find the OEM part number & search for it. If you don't have one, you probably should get one, they are only about $10.00. If you save enough dough on the part, your savings will pay for the tech to install it.

Let's hope that this person was not trying to unload a piece of junk. After all, maybe he knows that you know where he lives. ;) And to be fair, there is no guarantee with a "newly off lease" or refurbished machine either. I have an 8050 that I take perfect care of (only 400k clicks), and one morning its control board went bad. Best of luck.

Juxta5
07-31-2008, 03:19 AM
P.S. I don't work for either of the companies that I recommend, I'm not even from the same state. I have just found them to be VERY reputable & have used them for years.

hwboi
08-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Just an update.

Still haven't figured out the problem, however I was able to go into 25 mode and change *22 Image Stabilization control timing to "no correction made"

Correction is omitted temporarily to
reduce down time when the
machine cannot be used with SC
due to the malfunction of the drum
potential sensor or gamma sensor.

This allowed me to start up the machine normally and use it! =)

I know I should still try and track down the problem, but at least the machine is workable. Now I'm trying to configure the machine and go through the different adjustments to get the image sharp, etc.

One question I have. If I turn off the machine, the first few copies that come out have a really big smear of color that gradually fades away and is completely gone after about the 15th copy. Is this a sign that the belt cleaning brush unit needs replacing? When I open the machine up after I use it, there is always a bunch of toner still on the belt. Is that normal?

Thanks everyone for the help!

ebm
08-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Just an update.

Still haven't figured out the problem, however I was able to go into 25 mode and change *22 Image Stabilization control timing to "no correction made"

Correction is omitted temporarily to
reduce down time when the
machine cannot be used with SC
due to the malfunction of the drum
potential sensor or gamma sensor.

This allowed me to start up the machine normally and use it! =)

I know I should still try and track down the problem, but at least the machine is workable. Now I'm trying to configure the machine and go through the different adjustments to get the image sharp, etc.

One question I have. If I turn off the machine, the first few copies that come out have a really big smear of color that gradually fades away and is completely gone after about the 15th copy. Is this a sign that the belt cleaning brush unit needs replacing? When I open the machine up after I use it, there is always a bunch of toner still on the belt. Is that normal?

Thanks everyone for the help!

Did PM kit changed have belt cleaner blade? Two pm kits for 8050. 100k kit has blade for belt to change every pm, 200k kit has transfer belt to replace every other pm. If big smudge on belt when pull out then sensor not read good patch on belt when try adjust. Every time turn on, machine try auto adjust, if belt dirty then auto adjust fail.

hwboi
08-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the info. I did a 200K PM kit and replaced the belt. I'm going to replace the blade. When I was doing the PM kit I did notice that the belt cleaning brush unit wasn't able to even roll because it was jammed with dried up toner. I spent a lot of time removing the dried up toner but it still seemed like I should replace it. I'm going to go ahead and do it. Thanks again.

lvangsnes
08-05-2008, 10:17 PM
That sensor is no way $950. Full retail is around $400. I have replaced that sensor...you will need to do so as well to get the machine to work.

hwboi
08-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Do you have the part number for that? I have the parts catalog for the 8050 but didn't see it. I wanted to check myself to see how much it was. The quoted price did seem high to me.

ebm
08-05-2008, 11:24 PM
That sensor is no way $950. Full retail is around $400. I have replaced that sensor...you will need to do so as well to get the machine to work.

Again Konica ripoff dealer + customer. Gamma sensor(PS11) not separate part, must buy whole "color registration unit". Retail price depend on dealer markup, not for others to say how much. Markup depend on dealer location and cost of operations. If complain about price, complain why Konica sell whole unit instead of one small sensor.

Have call Konica Logistics part number inquiry before. Sometime part shown in diagram w/o number. They research and sometime find part number to order.

Before try replace Gamma sensor (PS11) I make sure belt cleaned good so sensor can make proper Dmax reading. Maybe save some money if sensor not replaced.

ebm
08-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Do you have the part number for that? I have the parts catalog for the 8050 but didn't see it. I wanted to check myself to see how much it was. The quoted price did seem high to me.

Find PS11 Gamma sensor on page 28. Dotted outline held by screws "G". If you Konica Dealer try call Logistics Part Numbers Information. Can fax them part diagram showing which part w/o number looking for. They sometimes can find number and you can order.

rockin57rod
08-06-2008, 03:44 AM
I think I just went through this...and I agree with ebm.....I think you have a cleaning/print quality problem and your sensors is probably fine....

random
08-06-2008, 07:29 AM
If you know how to test the gamma sensor I suggest you go in and try it again and listen for the solenoid to click open. If you hear nothing then the solinoid is not working to open the screen for the sensor.

If you don't know how to test it remove the sensor assy (two screws at the back and plug/turn off power first) then remove the cover for the sensor which is towards the front of the assy. Put it back in and try again.

If this fails again disable it again then try an auto colour registration if this fails then the whole assembly doesn't work which is rare so I would say the connector is stuffed.

ebm
08-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Find PS11 Gamma sensor on page 28. Dotted outline held by screws "G". If you Konica Dealer try call Logistics Part Numbers Information. Can fax them part diagram showing which part w/o number looking for. They sometimes can find number and you can order.

KMBS Logistics says PS11 no longer available as separate part. Must buy whole unit.

Custom Search