PDA

View Full Version : Minolta DI450

Custom Search

flamingowatcher
07-04-2008, 04:08 PM
I am not a techie, just an owner of the DI450. I use it to scan documents to my computer. The machine was previously linked to the computer via my dsl modem. I had been told before by a techie that I could link the two directly but it would require a special cable. He said it looks like the regular ethernet cable but had a different set of wires inside. He was supposed to send me one but never did. Can anyone tell me what that cable is actually called? It's much easier to find something when you know the name. Thanks for any and all help I can get!

Apollo123
07-04-2008, 05:27 PM
It is probably a crossover cable. It looks like a ethernet cable but the wires inside are reversed and it is usually used for direct communication from pc to pc or from a copier/printer to a pc with a a router or hub. You could find it in a computer hardware store or Radio Shack

flamingowatcher
07-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Thank you so much! That sounds like exactly what was described to me before....without telling me what it was! I'm on my way to the store now to get one. Thanks again.

Custom Search