PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 215 and Network TWAIN - Once and for all: What options?

Custom Search

mrwho
07-11-2016, 07:04 PM
Good afternoon fellas.

I'm in need of telling a customer what he needs to put on his machine for it to be able to twain via network and I'm in a predicament because the machine brochure isn't of much help (too ambiguous) and I'm afraid of ordering parts not needed.

Can someone please put a nail in this coffin and confirm to me what optionals I need to order for this?

So far I assume I need:

- Either the NC or the IC
- The extra panel

Is there anything more? Or is there anything wrong?

Thank you!

allan
07-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Don't think it can there is no network twain driver on the Europe site.

Not sure about the IC.

Synthohol
07-11-2016, 11:22 PM
Self-Help Product Support | Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. (http://onyxweb.mykonicaminolta.com/OneStopProductSupport/SearchResults?products=1506&fileTypes=0&OSs=31)
hope this helps.
this link was for win 7 64 bit, there are others. use the quick search on the left -->Self-Help Product Support | Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. (http://onyxweb.mykonicaminolta.com/OneStopProductSupport?appMode=Public)

mrwho
07-12-2016, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the replies.

The twain driver that comes with the printer drivers allows to do both local and Twain scan if I'm not mistaken.

Problem is customer had the network card (only) and isn't able to do network Twain scan.

And as I said the machine brochures are too ambiguous to understand what's missing!

Synthohol
07-12-2016, 06:40 PM
Nowadays most OCR programs now will work on files dropped in a folder weather its smb or network twain.
What application do they want to usb scan? Ill bet its outdated!
Maybe a usb to rj45 adapter would work somehow?
Big copiers dont usb scan anymore as twain is a redheaded stepchild at this point IMHO.
If they need usb scan I would suggest a much older model or just a usb scanner alone.
Sorry to see you have to deal with dinosaur technology.

Custom Search