PDA

View Full Version : C284 Touchscreen Issue afer updating the network tcp settings

Custom Search

REM
07-13-2016, 07:14 PM
Hello,

I recently acquired a used C284 copier in excellent shape with only 7k copies. I have used it several days in the stand alone copy mode, but today I integrated it into my network. I changed the TCP settings from the previous owner to Auto but the printer appeared to acquire 169.254.169.200 address from my server. This is not my address so I changed it back to static and set the address to 10.0.0.200 and 255.255.255.0 for the subnet. I had to power down the system after making the changes for them to take affect. Immediately after startup the touchscreen had stopped responding to any input except for the very top row. Pressing the bottom of the screen also initiated a push on the top of the panel.

I believe something was corrupted during the power cycling related to the touscreen. The network settings were accepted because I can print to the printer, but the touchscreen does not respond properly. If I allow the touchscreen to timeout and go black, I can touch anywhere on the screen and have it wake back up. So it seems the screen is acknowledging my touch by bring it out of sleep, but not acknowledging my touch relative to a button.

I doubt the screen would have went bad at that very instant and believe this may be more related to the cycling network settings. Any suggestions on how to prove it is the touchscreen or something else...

Thank you....

Custom Search