PDA

View Full Version : is bizub 750/600 good photocopier

Custom Search

Zahid khan
07-16-2016, 10:35 AM
i want to buy bizhub 750 .i want to know about it .is it a good photocopier.and does it has print controller in it .ic-202 is optional does it mean that i have to buy it before using it as printer.

Synthohol
07-16-2016, 12:22 PM
10 years ago it was not a terrible machine even with the common issues but nowadays i find them to be a joke and a pain in the butt.
the xx2 series and newer is much better and more reliable.

copyman
07-16-2016, 03:45 PM
Agree that it is at least 10 yrs old but disagree it was ever good. The 600 & 750 were deemed end of life March of this year and are no longer supported by K/M. I never liked the machine and think it was one of the worst models ever made by K/M. If not dumping toner then it was jamming, etc etc. Apparently K/M must of liked it because they kept this same footprint for several models and years. You can probably buy them cheap for a reason. Proceed with caution!

copyrooks
07-16-2016, 04:08 PM
My day is always ruined when I go see one of these.

copyman
07-16-2016, 05:57 PM
Ha-ha. I hear you copyrooks. I do have a few friends that work for K/M and they love that series! They said the trick was to vacuum waste toner every call or set up a call to vac out waste tube and cleaning hopper. The main reason it dumped is because of paper dust contaminating the developer. I have said before poor design to recycle toner. If this machine had a separate waste box that is emptied or replaced it would have been a much better machine.

I was servicing around 20 of them years ago and only one machine ran Pm to Pm without a call. They were higher volume and only used optional LCC on right side of machine. The 1000 & 1500 sheet drawers suck! Especially tray 1 because it has to go through that horiz transport unit, another poor design!

Oh well my day has been ruined just talking about it :(

By the way the reason for my anger is because I lost a major account over a BizHub 601. Right out of the box it was horrible. One year later lost account to Ricoh!

Synthohol
07-16-2016, 07:35 PM
Agree that it is at least 10 yrs old but disagree it was ever good.

LOL, i didnt mean it was ever good, just not as terrible as some other brands.

fixthecopier
07-16-2016, 08:41 PM
At first I was excited. She looked good and preformed great. Eventually she began to become more demanding. She took more and more of my time and money. As she got older, her appearance started to wane. She wasn't willing to work as hard. She started becoming a pain, started bringing me down. Then I discovered someone else was pushing her start button. Wait a minute, I just described my first wife and the bizhub 600.

allan
07-16-2016, 10:44 PM
Cheap to run but it will fail every 100K with some thing stupid.
They what to do volumes if its not there to work it becomes a pain.
A nightmare to operate not a machine for work-groups!

Better than a MP6500 in my opinion.
2 series is so much better.

B601/751 should be cheap enough to get.

copyman
07-17-2016, 01:06 AM
By the way I think the 600, etc model was Konica's own design? It started with the 7075, 7165, etc way before the merge with Minolta. Minolta was rebranding the Konica boxes because they didn't have a 50+ ppm model, hence the Di-750,5510, etc. After the merge they stuck with this same design. How could they think this design was any good! To keep same design for 10+ yrs is ridiculous. Add to that it needs a $500+ PM kit every 250k......

EarthKmTech
07-17-2016, 03:38 AM
This engine design started out life as an analog machine decades ago, that's where it should of been left too. KM kept it around far too long.

Glad to see the new 958 series is a souped up 754 and not this heap of sh&t back from the dead, I had a bad feeling about that.

Custom Search