PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta bizhub C35 Scanner Belt Replacement.

Custom Search

Nila
07-18-2016, 09:41 PM
Konica Minolta bizhub C35 Scanner Belt Replacement

Hi All,

Did anyone have experience in replacing the Scanner Belt on this printer? My printer belt was damaged and I have ordered new belt.
But unfortunately it’s hard to install the belt. I went through the maintanace manual too, but there is no guideline for replace the Scanner Belt.

Appreciate your ideas.

copyrooks
07-19-2016, 04:11 AM
Try this bulletin

TheBlueOrleans
07-19-2016, 04:19 AM
Remove ADF (4 screws, one ferrite core, disconnect one connector)
Remove top of scanner unit (with platen glass) (10 screws)
Remove screw from shaft at front right corner of scanner unit, where the belt attaches on the right.
(this will allow access to the screw mounting the scanner belt in place)
Lift the image reading unit from the rear shaft (it will lift freely), swing it over toward the front of the machine.
Pay attention to how the belt is routed on the gears beneath the image reading unit. (I personally prefer to take a picture with my phone, but you do whatever works best for you.)
Remove screw from far right end of scanner belt, lift belt off of plastic post to remove the belt itself.
Repeat for left side of belt.

Install new new scanner belt with the spring on the left post, reinstall screw, routed around the gears exactly as the old one, slip eyelet of new belt over post on right side of scanner unit, reinstall screw.
Return image reading unit to its proper horizontal position, manipulate it back and forth to see if the belt is staying on the gears. If so, move on to reinstalling scanner unit top (with platen glass) and ADF. If not, recheck the mounting position of the belt on the gears until you have it right.

Overly verbose, probably oversimplified, bordering on insulting (if so, I apologize), but this is the exact method I've used a dozen times or more.
Just because I hate the C35 as much as, if not more so, than it hates me, doesn't mean I don't know it.
Don't get me started on "Install Toner Cartridge Y And Close Door".

:cool:

JR2ALTA
07-19-2016, 12:43 PM
First time I did it was trying to route the belt from the wrong side first. I couldn't understand why it would matter, but once I flipped it around it went in easy.

habik
07-21-2016, 12:01 AM
Just follow your instinct!

Bit of a logic and you done in 2 minutes.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

allan
12-14-2017, 06:18 AM
Just follow your instinct!

Bit of a logic and you done in 2 minutes.

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Busy making a CNC machine from 2 C360 scanner beds. By accident i let the scanner cables uncoil. Not quite 2 minuets but logic helps a lot.
Now i have the martial art of the octopus down.

Custom Search