PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub C451 C-2559 drum fails to clean off toner/developer

Custom Search

Boltaction
08-19-2016, 09:06 PM
Hey guys I have an interesting one. Had a new imaging unit for a bizhub c451. As soon as it was installed and the machine was powered on it threw the C-2559 code which I knew was the TCR adjustment failure. When I pulled the unit back out I noticed that there was toner/developer caked all around the drum.
My question is, is that simply an imaging unit that is bad out of the package and the drum itself cannot produce a charge?
The machine has not had a C-2559 up until now.

habik
08-19-2016, 09:21 PM
Vac the IU, clean everything you see and turn the dev manually with pliers. After that try again.
Yes could be faulty out of the box :)

Sent from my iDon't believe in marketing device using Tapatalk

Boltaction
08-19-2016, 09:36 PM
That was my thought originally because we have had that issue before with faulty out-of-the-box parts but mostly from non-oem distributors. This was a genuine Konica Minolta part which is what led me to post on the forums about it.
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I have already left the account and we dont have older gen bizhubs to do further testing.

copier tech
08-19-2016, 10:30 PM
Had loads of faulty IU's fail out of the box, I believe its where they are mishandled roughly during shipping, also make sure you fit the modified IU bracket if it doesnt have one.

Boltaction
08-19-2016, 10:45 PM
Funny thing is I had a yellow IU from oce fail on me during the same call. Two faulty units, one genuine and one non-oem. They came on the same shipment so they may have been mishandled during shipping.
Will have to chalk it up to that.
Thanks guys

copier tech
08-19-2016, 10:56 PM
Its a known issue thats why KM make the IU boxes that shape so they cant be stored on the end, however they can still be thrown about by the courier!

Custom Search