PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C554

Custom Search

copyman
08-23-2016, 07:17 PM
Customer called and said whenever the last page exits ADF display shows "remove original from glass". They have to turn machine off and back on with main switch to get rid of message and use again. Same thing happens every time they use the ADF.

Thanks in advance

StrikeR
08-23-2016, 07:44 PM
I had the same problem on C224 - update the firmware, it will fix the issue. :)

copier tech
08-23-2016, 07:50 PM
Seen this before, check the attached doc, can cause weird issues

mx6turbo89
08-23-2016, 09:48 PM
In addition to what Copier Tech posted, also re-seat the CCD connector. That is what has fixed it for me in many instances.

copyman
08-23-2016, 10:04 PM
I had the same problem on C224 - update the firmware, it will fix the issue. :)

I always get confused with firmware. If I download the "base" firmware at top of list with the latest date will this have all updates up to the firmware date?

Also does the latest "base" firmware have all the "special" firmware included up to that date?

Thanks

mx6turbo89
08-23-2016, 10:20 PM
I always get confused with firmware. If I download the "base" firmware at top of list with the latest date will this have all updates up to the firmware date?

Also does the latest "base" firmware have all the "special" firmware included up to that date?

Thanks

The latest base firmware will be the most recent stable release, but will not include all the updates of the special firmware. The base firmware should be all that's needed unless you're having a specific problem or error code that needs to be addressed. However, it won't hurt to use the latest special firmware if you choose to do so. Just make sure to read the accompanying PDF to ensure that the changes or 'improvements' it provides won't affect some other function in your machine.

copyman
08-23-2016, 10:44 PM
Thanks mx6. Just to clarify, both the "special" & "base" firmwares have all the prior updates up to that date?

So unless it is something specific you should always use the one at top of the list?

mx6turbo89
08-24-2016, 12:10 AM
Thanks mx6. Just to clarify, both the "special" & "base" firmwares have all the prior updates up to that date?

So unless it is something specific you should always use the one at top of the list?

Yes, the latest one will have all the updates of the previous versions along with some additional improvements/fixes. And yes, always choose the one at the top of the list for best results. It's best to use the latest base version unless you have a reason to do otherwise such as to fix a specific error, a functional abnormality, or if SSD recommends that you do so.

Custom Search