PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C754e

Custom Search

MVPunisher
08-25-2016, 05:55 PM
I have a customer who primarily prints on labels. Every 10k or so the glue from the labels are getting stuck to the transfer belt. Just creating a bunch of dots on the belt. Cleaning the belt with this many dots is not realistic. It never looks as good as a fresh belt. Any suggestions on how to prevent this (I understand this is the customers issue , not the machine) . Secondary transfer adjustment was my first idea to play with today.... Thanks.

mx6turbo89
08-25-2016, 06:03 PM
It's been my experience that you can't do anything machine-wise to prevent this issue. In these cases, I hand the customer a copy of the media guide and point out the recommended labels that they should use.

Synthohol
08-25-2016, 06:05 PM
Make sure they do NOT use ez-peel labels they are the worst offenders.
If they use Avery labels and the belt gets messed up as long as the Avery label is "approved" for that machine Avery will cover the cost of replacing the belt.
Had customers do this already and Avery seems to be a stand-up company when it comes to their productt messing up the machines.
Are they correctly set to thick 1 bypass only? Also once a label is used they cannot reuse that sheet as the glue pinches out as you know. Same for those ez-peel sheets.
Technically no labels are approved by Konica or a label setting would be in the paper type selection.

tech51
08-25-2016, 06:15 PM
I get my customers to use tray 1 instead of the bypass if they have a lot to feed.

Because the labels are face down in the bypass and bend upwards as they are fed,the tendency is for the label to come away from the backing as it goes in. If it doesn't come off completely it can partially detach & leave the residue behind.

This might be worth a try if they are running a lot of them.

CraigW
08-25-2016, 06:50 PM
The bypass tray is no longer the straightest path on modern machines.

Despise labels !!!

blackcat4866
08-26-2016, 02:02 AM
What have you used to clean the belt? I use Contactors De-Solv-It or Paraffin Lamp Oil, followed by a rinse of alcohol. It takes about 150 pages printed to squeegee the remaining cleaner off the belt. As long as you don't scrub too aggressively, the belt survives. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
08-26-2016, 08:28 AM
Henchman Products Pty Ltd (http://henchmanelectronics.com/photoklene-copier-belt-solvent-p-111.html)

I use this. Not sure its available anywhere else in the world.

according to the material safety data sheet it's 60% or more Isopropyl and 30% naphtha petroleum, isoparaffin, hydrotreated, what ever the hell that is.

It works great.

Also, in a pinch I have used electrolube rubber roller restorer with no ill effects what so ever on drums and belts. I wouldnt try cleaning a whole belt with it though. We charge for these issues too as it is the media damaging the machine and therefor is not covered by our contracts, period.

Custom Search