PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 420 fusing unit

Custom Search

ni311
07-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Does the fusing unit on a 420 machine have a fuse? I cannot find it. If not, how the machine tells you've replaced the unit and you're not using the same one? I believe it's a little more than resetting a few counters.

Thanks in advance.

Downunder
07-13-2008, 02:06 AM
If the firmware on the copier is 31 then you need to go to tech rep mode system 1, then look for Initialisation tab, then counter data, then fuser tab and then press start key. Same goes for replacing drum. There is no fuse on the fuser for resetting counter. You will also need to clear special parts counters for all fixing parts, rollers, bushings, web etc. 420 fusers are not interchangeable with 500 and vice versa.

redime
07-13-2008, 04:06 AM
... You will also need to clear special parts counters for all fixing parts, rollers, bushings, web etc. 420 fusers are not interchangeable with 500 and vice versa.

Firmware 31 allows for resetting of individual parts, you can still do fuser/drum resets from System 1 without it.

420 & new 360 model fusers are interchangeable

If you are replacing the whole fuser unit, make sure you know which model you have each model is broken up into 3 varieties...

A
B, G2, H
C, D1, D3, E, F2, G1, I, J, K

Custom Search