PDA

View Full Version : Konica C220 slow to start printing

Custom Search

jonbonse
10-04-2016, 12:28 PM
Hi all

I have a client who complains that the printer takes a while to start printing PDF's which are only say 840KB in size.

I have asked them to send over the PDF and they are actually scanned documents. There is only a small logo on each page..... i have printed the PDF in black and white and it prints out more or less straight away however it does take between 3-4 minutes before it starts to print.

Could this be a memory issue?

Thanks

jotunn
10-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Each document before print needs to be rasterized, and size of the document doesn't matter - even small document can be rasterized to enormous size.
Try to open print queue of your printer (Devices & Printers/right click/See what’s printing), then try to print your document and look at the "Size" column.

allan
10-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Try using pagescope direct print.
PageScope Direct Print - PageScope Utilities - Solution Software | KONICA MINOLTA (http://www.biz.konicaminolta.com/solutions/ps_utilities/directprint.html)

tech51
10-04-2016, 06:37 PM
Make sure the spool setting on the driver is set to print after last page is spooled.
If it's set to print directly to printer or print after first page is spooled, it will make the machine appear to print slowly but its the way the data is sent that is causing the issue.
I assume the network speed is good and stable i.e. not wireless ?

copier tech
10-04-2016, 07:48 PM
How long is the delay before it prints the pdf? Compared to printing a say word doc pdf files always have a delay before they print (reason as stated above.)
I have found updating the firmware & the drivers helps this issue.

Custom Search