PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 42 ccd

Custom Search

fixthecopier
10-12-2016, 09:48 PM
This is a long shot but I have a ccd that is drawing a line down the page. Nothing on the slit glass, so I open the scanner and tried wiping mirrors with a soft cloth. It seemed to get lighter and by the third time it was almost gone. One more wipe and it came back darker than ever. I opened the mirror area and looked and it looks like a tiny scratch in the same area where the line is. How a mirror gets a mark on it, on a unit that had never been opened, is beside me. Manager thinks it must be something else. Machine has 500,000 on it. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

On the c35, the scanner part numbers are different but the ccd's look the same. Does anyone know if they are?

allan
10-13-2016, 01:55 AM
What color are your lines.
If its grey or like green its optics.
If they are pure C or M or Y or K it could be something else.

Albonline
10-13-2016, 01:04 PM
This is a long shot but I have a ccd that is drawing a line down the page. Nothing on the slit glass, so I open the scanner and tried wiping mirrors with a soft cloth. It seemed to get lighter and by the third time it was almost gone. One more wipe and it came back darker than ever. I opened the mirror area and looked and it looks like a tiny scratch in the same area where the line is. How a mirror gets a mark on it, on a unit that had never been opened, is beside me. Manager thinks it must be something else. Machine has 500,000 on it. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

On the c35, the scanner part numbers are different but the ccd's look the same. Does anyone know if they are?

They are the same. the cable location to the main body from the scanner unit is whats different between the two scanner units.

fixthecopier
10-13-2016, 02:03 PM
The lines are black. Also seem to go away sometimes. Came in this morning and made a set of ten copies, no line. Did it again and every page has a line.

fixthecopier
10-18-2016, 12:48 PM
To close this thread...go back to the basics. I had a case of tunnel vision and got off track. Everyone from the customer to another tech to the manager verified the slit glass was clean. That along with a mark on one of the mirrors in the same spot where the line was, got me off track. I went in with a magnifying glass and a good light and with the expectation of finding a burr on something. What I saw was the most tiny insignificant spec on the slit glass. Removed it and the line was gone. I was amazed because it was drawing a line much wider than it was and very dark.

Brett GS
10-21-2016, 07:26 PM

The c35 optical unit works on the B42/B36 fine,the ribbon cables are abit longer but not an issue.

Custom Search