PDA

View Full Version : FS 529 Not Corner Stapling

Custom Search

docfeeder
11-21-2016, 07:45 PM
Hi All

I have an FS529 fitted to a Bizhub 423, which was originally jamming. I found the conveyance unit plastic frame snapped off where it screws to the rear rail, and the open latch switch actuator pin had also broken. Replaced parts, refitted, then found that the stapler unit was jamming on the rail, and trying to put staples in anywhere along the paper.

So took it apart and changed the the stapler unit ( found a small square metal plate on the top of the stapler unit had come adrift and was jamming the stapler. Is there anything that doesn't break in these?!)

Problem I now have is that the paper retraction is hit and miss and sometimes does not line up, and also it will not corner staple at all, even though 2 position staple works. Any ideas??

Thanks
Kevin

mascan42
11-27-2016, 02:12 AM
Is there anything that doesn't break in these?!
No.

Problem I now have is that the paper retraction is hit and miss and sometimes does not line up, and also it will not corner staple at all, even though 2 position staple works. Any ideas??

It's a fairly common problem, especially if the machine gets a lot of use. Assuming that the finisher has the rubber strips on the plastic exit rolls, your best bet is to replace the stacking belts.

I'd also recommend clipping off the thin mylars that hang down behind the belts.

docfeeder
11-28-2016, 11:43 AM
Thanks for your reply.

I did take off the thin mylars which hang down below the belts and that seems to have fixed the problem. Ive not re-ordered new ones as it appears they run fine without them

Regards

Kevin

Custom Search