PDA

View Full Version : C552 - intermittent skewing

Custom Search

andyf424
12-15-2016, 08:14 PM
I've got a C552 with about 1mil on it that is skewing 8.5x11 paper intermittently out of trays 3-4. No jams on the management list and I'm unable to recreate it while I'm onsite. Feed tires and one-ways are all new, sensors and conveyance rollers are cleaned and clutches have been tested. I think most users are printing to tray 3 as the counts are much higher for that tray so I cleaned out the bridge unit.

Tough because it's intermittent but the customer has samples and there is a very pronounced clockwise skew to the image, no nicks or tears on the page to suggest a paper path blockage but I've certainly checked for that.

Any body have suggestions?

allan
12-15-2016, 08:21 PM
Increase you paper loop timing on those trays a bit to make sure it get to the sync roller a bit earlier.
Not a correct statement. Rather to create a bigger loop.
That could help??

DelawareJim
12-16-2016, 02:50 AM
First thing I would check is how the customer has the paper loaded into trays 3 and 4. Take the entire stack of paper out of each tray and look for folded paper somewhere in the stack. This will give you intermittent skew and is pretty common. I have seen it a couple of dozen times.

Replace the orange/red pick up tires with the newer black ribbed type.

Another cause could be the small plastic latches that hold the access door closed (the door on the lower right side of the copier. This is the door that you would go in to remove a paper jam.) Check both the front and rear latch to see if one or the other are broken and not holding that door evenly closed. If you have to replace one of the plastic latches, you will have to take the large metal guide plate off of the door. Be very careful when you re-install that metal plate, that you get the bottom in correctly. It has two metal tabs that must go in correctly. I didn't realize those tabs were there and it skewed the metal plate which caused paper skew.

I would also pull out the paper dust collector (located just before the transfer roller) to make sure that there are no burrs or sticky areas on the underside that could cause paper skew.

andyf424
12-16-2016, 04:08 PM
paper dust collector was packed tight, they use Boise paper which seems to be pretty dusty in my experience.dis-assembled the registration rollers and lubricated, bushings looked good, no weird wear.

I've always used the Konica red tires, I'll look into the ribbed black one, that's for pre-feed tire right?

habik
12-16-2016, 05:21 PM
paper dust collector was packed tight, they use Boise paper which seems to be pretty dusty in my experience.dis-assembled the registration rollers and lubricated, bushings looked good, no weird wear.

I've always used the Konica red tires, I'll look into the ribbed black one, that's for pre-feed tire right?

A5C1562200 - Pick-up Roller

I'm also in favour of the rear hook door latch or even the counter part on machine. I had one broken.

If you haven't checked look in the tray 1 vertical top roller and those white pulleys sometimes have made grooves in to the shaft. As a precaution I'd remove and replace those pulleys and the shaft. Its only few quid a and you'll have a piece of mind that it is new!

Custom Search