PDA

View Full Version : Lost the trifold option on my C360

Custom Search

Snufsis
01-06-2017, 04:42 AM
I have a Bizhub C360 With a SD-509 that I bought used and when I started it recently the tri-fold option under finishing was no longer there. The only folding option that exists is half fold and that works fine with and without stitches. I can't chose trifold on the control panel, neither from my PC. I have checked the contacts between the finisher and the copier. What may have happened?.

blackcat4866
01-06-2017, 01:26 PM
In that option Set or UnSet in the service mode? =^..^=

kingarthur
01-06-2017, 01:29 PM
looking at the product guide for FS527 & FS529 for the C360, trifold, nor Z fold is available....

emujo
01-06-2017, 01:44 PM
You can't have saddle stitching w/o trifold, but the MFP can detect trouble with the tri-fold and isolate it, and it can be manually isolated in service mode. What I mean is at some point the tri-fold system probably had a problem. When this happens the control panel displays a message about the trouble and asks if you want to continue without it. The operator says yes (cycles the sub power switch) and the device re boots without tri fold options. This is available for many of the non critical features. Normally a power cycle will start the whole isolation process over again. If it has been turned off in service mode, then it will stay that way until "unset". I don't believe there are any options to prohibit tri-fold operations so it probably is related to fault isolation. Emujo

Snufsis
01-06-2017, 05:00 PM
Thanks for your reply, I will check that but can not recall that Trifold had a set/unset in rhe Service Mode.

Snufsis
01-09-2017, 02:30 AM
Thanks for your reply!
All options are UnSet in the service mode.
Best Regards
Sven

Snufsis
01-09-2017, 02:37 AM
looking at the product guide for FS527 & FS529 for the C360, trifold, nor Z fold is available....
Thanks for your most interesting reflection! When I got the C360 a couple of days ago I powered it up having A4-papers in the LCT-tray. I then had the tri-(or Z-) fold option on its display using it as a copier. After getting the load A4R in the manual tray message, the option was all gone. I've been through the system settings and verified that folding is not "isolated" or disabled in any way. What would be the working accessories to get tri- and/or Z-folding on the C360?

Snufsis
01-09-2017, 02:44 AM
You can't have saddle stitching w/o trifold, but the MFP can detect trouble with the tri-fold and isolate it, and it can be manually isolated in service mode. What I mean is at some point the tri-fold system probably had a problem. When this happens the control panel displays a message about the trouble and asks if you want to continue without it. The operator says yes (cycles the sub power switch) and the device re boots without tri fold options. This is available for many of the non critical features. Normally a power cycle will start the whole isolation process over again. If it has been turned off in service mode, then it will stay that way until "unset". I don't believe there are any options to prohibit tri-fold operations so it probably is related to fault isolation. Emujo

Hi Emujo and thanks for your kind reply!
I have gone through all visible settings in the service mode. I can't recall any error message about a problem with folding and question about continuing without it. I have checked everything selectable to be in UnSet mode and not isolated. Are you sure that the FS-527 and SD-509 will be a working combination for tri- or Z-fold? Another friend here suggests that it may not be the case.
Best Regards
Sven

kingarthur
01-09-2017, 08:40 AM
This is from the C360 product guide

Installation
Functionality FS-527 FS-529 JS-505
Maintenance
Non-Sort/Sort/Group yes yes yes
Spare Parts
Shift Yes (30 mm) Yes (30 mm) Yes (30 mm)
Recommended
Media
Corner Staple yes yes no
Appendix
2 Point Centre Staple yes yes no
Saddle Stitch yes, with SD-509 no no
Punch yes, with PK-517 no no
Half Fold yes, with SD-509 no no
Tri-Fold no no no
Z-Fold no no no
Max. Paper Capacity 3000 sheets (A4) 300 sheets (A4) 150 sheets (A$)
Max. Staple Capacity 50 sheets 50 sheets ---

emujo
01-09-2017, 01:51 PM
The C360 CAN saddle stitch and fold with the optional SD installed. It can only fold with plain paper, but even with thick paper in all trays the option should be present, just a message on the control panel advising not available unless plain paper is selected. If you can cycle power and not get the SD isolation message, and it's not unset in service mode, then you must have a failure in the connection to the finisher control board, or a power supply issue (although I doubt that only the SD would be affected in this scenario). Take a look in service mode and see if the SD shows up in the firmware listing. Emujo

copier addict
01-09-2017, 02:38 PM
I just looked up features of the SD-509 and tri-fold isn't one of them. Saddle stitch and half fold only. Hope this helps.

kingarthur
01-09-2017, 03:11 PM
I just looked up features of the SD-509 and tri-fold isn't one of them. Saddle stitch and half fold only. Hope this helps.

This is what I said last week…. And this morning….:confused:

emujo
01-09-2017, 09:25 PM

OK this is from the User Guide..and I installed the C360 driver...1/2 fold is available, but not tri fold. Very surprising to me as I thought tri-fold was available. So the original poster must be wrong in his thread that he had trifold available, then didn't. Emujo

Snufsis
01-10-2017, 12:40 PM
I e-mailed the question about C360's ability to make tri- or Z-folds to KonicaMinoltas Service Desk and they replied that SD-509 will make trifold but not Z-fold. I also remember that I had a series of paper stops before the tri-fold option disappeared. The paper stops was caused by a plate at the inlet of the finisher that had got a little bent during transportation but that was an easy fix. Please note that half-fold works great, its just tri-fold thats gone. What about doing a factory reset of the C360?

copier addict
01-10-2017, 01:24 PM
I e-mailed the question about C360's ability to make tri- or Z-folds to KonicaMinoltas Service Desk and they replied that SD-509 will make trifold but not Z-fold. I also remember that I had a series of paper stops before the tri-fold option disappeared. The paper stops was caused by a plate at the inlet of the finisher that had got a little bent during transportation but that was an easy fix. Please note that half-fold works great, its just tri-fold thats gone. What about doing a factory reset of the C360?

Tri-fold became available on the 4 series, but was never available on the C360 series. Check out a brochure and you will see.

Custom Search