PDA

View Full Version : 5052ci false waste toner full messages

Custom Search

nathicana
01-27-2017, 01:37 PM
We have multiple 5052ci type machines giving false waste toner messages. Called Kyocera and followed the u155 calibration procedure. Followed QA bulletin about reinstalling packing material on waste toner area when transporting machines.

Is anybody having this problem or finding a solution? I suspect this affects all of the current machines with this type of rotating waste container such as 4002i-6002i, 2552ci, 3552ci, 4052ci-6052ci.

20gaugeO/U
01-30-2017, 08:00 PM
We were emailed the bulletin by our tech rep the day after an install of multiple machines. A couple of them did the false waste toner message a day or so later, a couple didn't. Did the U155 and left them a spare waste toner just in case and haven't heard back. Now we just remove the waste toner before transport. But we'll see if that's the fix (or reinstalling the packing material like Kyo recommends).

nathicana
01-30-2017, 08:18 PM
We were emailed the bulletin by our tech rep the day after an install of multiple machines. A couple of them did the false waste toner message a day or so later, a couple didn't. Did the U155 and left them a spare waste toner just in case and haven't heard back. Now we just remove the waste toner before transport. But we'll see if that's the fix (or reinstalling the packing material like Kyo recommends).

Thanks for the reply. If the waste containers need to be out of the machine during transport then they shouldn't be installed when Kyocera ships the machine to us.

bronco31
02-07-2017, 07:55 PM
going out on a serv call now.. random false toner waste full message.. 5052ci just placed in a super important account!

nathicana
02-10-2017, 06:26 PM
going out on a serv call now.. random false toner waste full message.. 5052ci just placed in a super important account!

Did you discover a solution? Thanks

Rpizzle
02-21-2017, 04:15 PM
any news on this, just put a large fleet of these out.

bronco31
02-24-2017, 03:56 AM
any news on this, just put a large fleet of these out.

I did the U155 Calibration and haven't heard back from the client!

blsquires
05-16-2017, 12:03 AM
just a point .we had a customer who was told save your empty black toner bottles and use them for waste bottles.good idea BUT the customer was replacing the waste bottle before the machine told them to .
and they do mostly color copies .this means the black toner isnt used so much so now we have to supply them with a spare waste toner bottle on a regular basis.

bronco31
05-16-2017, 05:01 PM
just a point .we had a customer who was told save your empty black toner bottles and use them for waste bottles.good idea BUT the customer was replacing the waste bottle before the machine told them to .
and they do mostly color copies .this means the black toner isnt used so much so now we have to supply them with a spare waste toner bottle on a regular basis.

im not grasping this..but its early and i need coffee.. customer is " replacing the waste bottle before the machine told them to " ? why would they do that?

have a great day all you hard working and tired techs!

tmaged
05-16-2017, 05:04 PM
In the US market, the default is for the doors to not open until the toner is empty. I would think this would be the same for everyone, but I could be wrong.

Mhodges
05-23-2017, 03:03 PM
Hi All

We had this problem loads when we first sent these machines into the field, we have found the best way is to remove the waste toner bottle before transporting the copier. Since doing this we have not had any issues at all.

Drumluck
11-27-2017, 06:15 PM
I had the same problem after recently moving machine, performed Sim U155 and everything has been great, no further problems

Thanks

"K"
12-09-2017, 02:29 PM
There was a Firmware release in Late October, the 25th I believe, that fixes this issue. Basically there are too many sensors for that toner container and this firmware disables the one that causes the false readings.

Hope this helps.

Alexkyocera
01-28-2019, 01:36 AM
What if the issue reoccur??? Anyone found the root cause of this. These machines are making loud grinding noise, we need to come together and find the root cause.

Phil B.
01-28-2019, 02:35 AM
What if the issue reoccur??? Anyone found the root cause of this. These machines are making loud grinding noise, we need to come together and find the root cause.

full messages and grinding from that area .. usually means the augers aren't moving properly . or something is binding/bound up.

Alexkyocera
01-28-2019, 02:43 AM
full messages and grinding from that area .. usually means the augers aren't moving properly . or something is binding/bound up.
Yep we can resolve but whats the cause, and what can be done to prevent it, thats what im trying to find

Phil B.
01-28-2019, 02:56 AM
Yep we can resolve but whats the cause, and what can be done to prevent it, thats what im trying to find

lotsa things..
under usage machine is still left on turning
unlevel waste path.
parts past PM cycle
environment
customers not shaking toner properly
tech messed with bias setting so it wastes toner
poor design of waste system...

Alexkyocera
01-28-2019, 03:07 AM
lotsa things..
under usage machine is still left on turning
unlevel waste path.
parts past PM cycle
environment
tech messed with bias setting so it wastes toner
poor design of waste system...

The below are the best probably causes. Im working okay pin pointing where the grinding sound starts from. I will find out

unlevel waste path.

poor design of waste system

Phil B.
01-28-2019, 04:35 AM
The below are the best probably causes. Im working okay pin pointing where the grinding sound starts from. I will find out
unlevel waste path.
poor design of waste system

1st .. is MACHINE level?
2nd .. grinding can be due to FULL waste lines 1st.. then over time.. build up.. packs toner in tube.. THEN the failure.. vac waste lines from each direction ... clean drums ( if toner recycle section ) ITB *same*

these can be PIA and dirty - time gobbling jobs.. but doing it RIGHT VS Quick ALWAYS pays out

Custom Search