PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C3350 vertical/horizontal lines when printing color

Custom Search

aybo
01-31-2017, 08:41 PM
When printing color, I get vertical and horizontal lines. Attached is what came out, it is supposed to be an all red page.

mo0651
01-31-2017, 09:26 PM
What have done to attempt to fix this?? How old are drums and supplies? Thought about cleaning?:confused:

aybo
01-31-2017, 09:34 PM
I have tried to clean it, but I am unsure what to clean.
I pulled out the toners and drums to clean that area. If its a part that needs to be unscrewed, I have not tried that. I do not want to take it apart if I do not have to.

I have not yet tried to replace the drums yet. I will need to order a new set. I would like to hold off on doing that, my company tries to save every dollar.

mo0651
01-31-2017, 10:21 PM
And how many copies on it??? :confused:

Woxner
01-31-2017, 10:40 PM
if they are cheap run a single color. cyan magenta and yellow. then determine which is bad.

aybo
01-31-2017, 10:55 PM
There are:
Total 44822
Color 35479
Black 9343

I've printed each color on a full sheet. They end up with the same results. Horizontal/vertical lines and now there are also magenta and yellow spots that appear a few times in a line.

blackcat4866
01-31-2017, 11:18 PM
There are:
Total 44822
Color 35479
Black 9343

I've printed each color on a full sheet. They end up with the same results. Horizontal/vertical lines and now there are also magenta and yellow spots that appear a few times in a line.

The verbal description is not that helpful. How about posting those images?

Red is composed of magenta and yellow. Any areas that appear yellow are missing magenta. Any areas that appear magenta are missing yellow.
=^..^=

MFPTech
02-01-2017, 05:38 AM
The verbal description is not that helpful. How about posting those images?

Red is composed of magenta and yellow. Any areas that appear yellow are missing magenta. Any areas that appear magenta are missing yellow.
=^..^=
He is an end user, not a tech.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

mo0651
02-01-2017, 02:07 PM
Do you know the Life expectancy of the drums and PM parts on your machine? And are you using OEM supplies?

aybo
02-01-2017, 08:51 PM
Do you know the Life expectancy of the drums and PM parts on your machine? And are you using OEM supplies?

They are oem parts. The machine says that there is 20% of the CYM and 0% of the K.
Other than the streaks, there is no problem printing.

Attached are the scans of the colors. 354313543235433

allan
02-01-2017, 09:18 PM
The lines in the feed direction could be toner on the laser glass.
The lines in the cross direction looks like pitch lines meaning gears that is jittery on the drive.
Is the machine more noisy than it should be or can you feel a vibration if it runs?

aybo
02-01-2017, 09:39 PM
Nothing out of the ordinary. As long as I've worked here (for a few months), it's been the same.
The lines have been happening for a while, or so I've been told, but I never noticed because I don't print colored pages.

mo0651
02-01-2017, 10:12 PM
I see 2 lines common to all colors, and then on the cyan copy, spots of magenta and yellow. I wonder if you pull out the color drum you may see those lines. And I would
closely inspect the transfer belt.:cool:

Konicatech
02-02-2017, 03:11 PM
Check the transfer belt - these machines are well known for wrecking belts, i have changed loads of them even on machines that are rarely used.

BluaboardTwice
07-12-2017, 12:03 AM
I would also look at the fuser and transfer belt for wear and their life count. if all is well with that i would change K drum first and check for any improvement.

femaster
07-14-2017, 12:08 AM
What you really need to do is print out the CYMK half-tones from within service mode, so that the test pages can be isolated to each individual drum.

Looking at these pages I'm going to guess they are fed sort edge first, correct? If that is the case, from what I see, you are going to need a magenta drum, it would appear there is a pit in the drum surface. The lines and dots seen on the cyan (and dots on yellow) page are equidistant on the page, and is almost certainly is surface damage to the drum.

If the sheets are fed short edge first, take one of the sheets, like the cyan one you printed so the lines are easily seen, and line it up to the transfer belt and see if those 2 lines match up with streaks/marks on the transfer belt. I'm guessing you will find that is the case.

Custom Search