PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 363 and usb card reader.

Custom Search

bkakour
02-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Hi to all,
Lately I try to connect and put into operation a card reader (tcm3) of Cartadiscompany on the bizhub 363. I need the card reader for the identification ofusers on a photocopier by implementing Gespage eterminal. I have successfullymanaged to make the push of eterminal on the bizhub 363. I have installed theloadable device driver for the card reader, and I have done all the settings inthe service mode menu of the bizhub 363. When I swipe the mifare card in thereader the user fails to do login. I searched the logs and discovered that thereader instead returns the eight-digit id card returns 32 characters of whichthe first eight are the real id card.
Here is a sample:
Card id: = 6ED0E4C9, returned card id = 6ED0E4C9FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

sparks45
02-10-2017, 11:36 AM
You'll need to program the card reader to return the string that you are after off the card. depending on the model of the reader, there are various programs available to program/flash the card reader.

bkakour
02-10-2017, 11:52 AM
You'll need to program the card reader to return the string that you are after off the card. depending on the model of the reader, there are various programs available to program/flash the card reader.
Thank you for the response. When i connect the reader in a windows pc it returns the correct card id. The problem is facing when i connect the reader in the bizhub.

sparks45
02-10-2017, 01:18 PM
Have you installed the correct loadable device driver and enabled it and set it to card in billing setting within service mode?

Are you just swiping the card and getting the string back on notepad? should contact the manufacturer as they will have a utility to reprogram the reader which they can send you if you have done the above steps

emujo
02-10-2017, 01:46 PM
I can only speak for the US Market, but here, only KM' AU-XXX, RfIdeas, and Ysoft readers are supported. Not sure where you are getting the LDD for this reader. That being said, you are looking for reader software that can "parse" the string being read from the card. If you only need those 8 characters, the reader must be programmed to drop the unused "FFFF" these are just padded Hexadecimal digits to generate the full 32 bit card string.. With newer KM readers you can put the reader in "keyboard wedge" and configure it to read just about any card/format. AU-205H is not supported on the 363. Emujo

rrrohan
02-12-2017, 05:41 AM
Keyboard wedge is disabled by default

If you think you need it on download driver from HID and connect to it web interface

Custom Search