PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C3350 stuck locked initializing screen

Custom Search

copiertec
03-21-2017, 01:59 PM
I have a Bizhub that is locked in initializing at warmup and touch screen is unresponsive and the MFP stays in initializing mode. From what I have read, this has been an issue abd firmware was released to resolve this issue. I have firmware ver. G-00-2100. I looked in the service manual for the update procedure and did not see anything specific about where to place the usb stick to update it. 1) I placed the firmware on the usb stick, made sure the mfp was off,2) installed the stick in the usb slot to the right of the control panel and turned the mfp on... but no luck. What am I not doing properly... or am I missing something?

Thank you in advance

EarthKmTech
03-21-2017, 02:05 PM
I have a Bizhub that is locked in initializing at warmup and touch screen is unresponsive and the MFP stays in initializing mode. From what I have read, this has been an issue abd firmware was released to resolve this issue. I have firmware ver. G-00-2100. I looked in the service manual for the update procedure and did not see anything specific about where to place the usb stick to update it. 1) I placed the firmware on the usb stick, made sure the mfp was off,2) installed the stick in the usb slot to the right of the control panel and turned the mfp on... but no luck. What am I not doing properly... or am I missing something?

Thank you in advance

That's not how you load firmware. I suggest obtaining the service manual and following the instructions on how to load firmware.

It sounds like you wont be able to load firmware anyway if the machine is totally bricked. When I had this issue I had to change the mfp board, but it was a long time ago and I've only ever had it once. Maybe someone else can shed more light on the situation.

copiertec
03-21-2017, 02:31 PM
That's not how you load firmware. I suggest obtaining the service manual and following the instructions on how to load firmware.

It sounds like you wont be able to load firmware anyway if the machine is totally bricked. When I had this issue I had to change the mfp board, but it was a long time ago and I've only ever had it once. Maybe someone else can shed more light on the situation.

In section J rewriting of Firmware I did not see any specific instructions on where to place the usb stick, maybe I'm missing something.

tech51
03-21-2017, 08:18 PM
You have the drive in the correct place, but you're not following the correct procedure.
As you say you have a manual I suggest you re read it and follow the instructions, particularly with the placing of firmware on the stick and how to access that from the machines panel. Also be aware that the firmware has to be loaded in two parts otherwise errors will ocurr.
With regard to your original problem, it would be worth disconnecting the hard drive and trying to start it up. I've had these fail and cause problems in the past.

copiertec
03-22-2017, 12:03 AM
I've also tried it with it on and then inserting the USB thumb-drive, so I will try the HDD, next.

B0265
03-22-2017, 08:55 AM
We had a similar problem once, stuck in "intializing", and the cause was a defective SSD board.

copiertec
04-28-2017, 01:08 AM
Turns out two things were causing this issue. The first, was a snapped scanner belt, no allowing the scanner to initialize. The way it snapped you could not tell until the scanner cover was removed. Once the belt was replaced the mfp came to ready. Next... once the MFP was ready the control panel wasn't responding to touch in all areas which made it impossible to get the mfp in service mode, etc. Once the control panel was replaced, it was good to go and fully operational.

Woxner
04-28-2017, 02:19 AM
i think there is a bulletin on the panel freeze up. its the memory on the mfp. change the panel works but it might come back

Custom Search