PDA

View Full Version : User Authentication/Account Track- cannot Verify account or print

Custom Search

patk
04-12-2017, 02:35 PM
I have a C754e which the customer needs User Authentication/Account Track setup on.

We set this up on the machine prior to delivery to the customer with all User Names and Accounts synchronised, no passwords used just left blank. All worked perfectly when tested on our own network-

Customer setup is a standard LAN but no print server. All users are using correct PCL6 driver v 5.1.3.0 on mainly W7 Pro Pcs and can print normally without User Authentication/Account Track turned on. With User Authentication/Account Track enabled, most Users cannot Verify their account from the print driver, some can print without being able to Verify, some can intermittently Verify and print.

I can Verify and print to all accounts using my laptop,( connected between the copier and the customers network using my own switch). Obviously I am not logged in to the customers domain.

I know that User Authentication/Account Track adds HTTP and HTTP/XML network traffic using port 80 and 50001 but customer's IT says this should not be an issue.

Would be grateful for any ideas.

Cheers
Pat

Custom Search