PDA

View Full Version : C6500

Custom Search

afterhours
05-03-2017, 10:02 PM
Hi all,

I have a customer with a c6500. He has error C2451. We have swapped yellow developer unit but the code came right back. Any ideas?

afterhours
05-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Ok, So I know im replying to my own thread, but i just wanted to give an update to see if someone might be able to help. At this point, ive replaced yellow developer, swapped the developer unit, swapped drums, replaced printer controller board, and watch the developer motor turn. Is there anything else I could be missing? Please help...

Emmanuel

afterhours
05-05-2017, 01:09 PM
I also noticed that when the machine malfunctions the yellow drum is completely covered in yellow toner.

HitMan
05-05-2017, 02:03 PM
I had an issue with magenta. When trying to complete an ACC an error would appear indicating the magenta ID sensor/ potential sensor. When I took out the ITB just after the error I could see a large portion on the belt that just had full magenta. To correct this I had to clean the ID sensors with alcohol. Also make sure the drums are properly lubricated and they turn freely.

Albonline
05-05-2017, 06:54 PM
I also noticed that when the machine malfunctions the yellow drum is completely covered in yellow toner.

there is no charge on the yellow drum or no bias on the yellow developer. yellow is the first color checked during startup so it will trigger a yellow code if there are ANY problems with hv.

Albonline
05-05-2017, 07:10 PM

there is no charge on the yellow drum or no bias on the yellow developer. yellow is the first color checked during startup so it will trigger a yellow code if there are ANY problems with hv.

afterhours
05-05-2017, 08:22 PM
there is no charge on the yellow drum or no bias on the yellow developer. yellow is the first color checked during startup so it will trigger a yellow code if there are ANY problems with hv.So do you recommend i replace the hv unit? or is there a particular contact that tends to "go bad"

afterhours
05-05-2017, 08:25 PM
Also, is it hv 1 or 2 that i should change?

rofield67
05-26-2017, 04:08 PM
Check the process unit connector for damage, it is located on the back of the process unit and also on the back wall of machine. You can try cleaning them with contact cleaner. Good luck.

mircea
05-31-2017, 12:58 PM
Also, is it hv 1 or 2 that i should change?

check inside transfer belt to see if any transfer rollers came lose.
if developer is good, u already cleaned registration sensor.. this is the only easy option left

best of luck

Custom Search