PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous bizhub 223 - Not possible to scan more than 4 originals to SMB or USB-Stick

Custom Search

Laserbeam
05-10-2017, 03:00 PM
Hello,

a bizhub 223 shows the following problem:

It's not possible, to scan (over DF 621) more than 4 originals to SMB or USB-Stick. Afterwards the machine stops. On the display, the message "deleted due to error" appears.
In copy-mode, this error doesn't occur. All originals are fed and printed out.
I replaced the DF621, the same error occurred.
What else could cause this phenomenon? :confused:

Freestyle604
05-10-2017, 09:51 PM
The only issues I have ever had with scanning to USB are the following.

1) Copier didn't recognize the USB stick (generally the larger USB sticks 32 GB and up)
2) USB didn't have enough space left on it for the new document
3) Couldn't scan more then 3 or 4 folders deep

Other then that, no issues scanning to USB. It is turned off by default on the newer machines, but I don't think you would have gotten as far as you did if it wasn't on. You might check the space left on the USB as it might be running out of space to store anything new.

Synthohol
05-10-2017, 10:05 PM
backup the address book and format the HDD.
if it does not have a HDD (optional on that model) that may be the issue.

blackcat4866
05-11-2017, 02:15 AM
The brochure claims that scanning is available without the HDD option, but that necessarily will be very limited without storage. We didn't sell any 223's. Mostly 423's and a few 283's, and when the HDD became disabled scanning did not come to ready "Scanning Not Available."
http://www.kmsa.com/Brochures/Products/bizhub_223_283_363_423_Brochure.pdf

If it were me, I would check for the HD-516 HDD option. I think you'll find that it's not there. =^..^=

Laserbeam
05-11-2017, 06:34 AM
Scanning worked perfectly until yesterday. Then the customer has called, that scanning suddenly no longer works.
My colleague was there yesterday and told me, that the machine has no HDD.
It surprises me, that the scan until now was even possible :confused::confused:

emujo2
05-11-2017, 01:38 PM
Deleted due to error is the generic message the user sees at the screen, you need to go into job details and get the more detailed error. This will allow us to help you better. Under the job log (scan) highlight the failed job, and touch the "details" icon. Emujo

Laserbeam
05-11-2017, 03:13 PM
@ emujo2

in details the message "Automatically deleted" is displayed.

Today I tried the same procedure at another 223 (without HDD). The scanning (on the same USB stick) works perfectly without breaking off.

Synthohol
05-11-2017, 10:55 PM
next step that i would do is a system data clear.
back up everything and initialize it.
you may need to install movie data if it asks for it and turn the HDD back on if it has one.
something is wrong electronically and before replacing boards i think resetting it to default may help.

you can try reseating the memory board\ram first though.

Laserbeam
05-12-2017, 01:39 PM
That was the solution !!!!

I performed "Clear all Data" and now the scanning works perfectly again! :):)
Thousand thanks to all who have supported me, specifically to Syntohol.

Custom Search