PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C227 paper size bypass

Custom Search

Maximo
05-23-2017, 03:45 PM
Hello,

I have a c227 at my work place and when printing from some pc's i always get that paper size error 8 1/2 x 11 paper format and i have to select manually a4 from the printer.

Is there a way to auto switch 8 1/2 x 11 to a4 from the printer so i don't have to always select it manually?

Thanks alot!

emujo2
05-23-2017, 04:00 PM
This will result in the opposite message when you send 8.5x11. If you are UK based, then your MFP should be in the UK marketing area, US if in the US. Sounds like the driver is "choosing trays based on paper size". Try turning this off or set the PDF properties to reflect 8.5x11. Emujo

allan
05-23-2017, 04:53 PM
Utility -> user settings -> printer settings -> basic settings -> letter to A4 override (scrawl down)

Or

Do the right thing and goto devices and printers -> printer properties -> advanced tab -> default settings and change it permanently.
Its happens when the computer is not setup with correct regional settings.

emujo2
05-23-2017, 06:16 PM
Utility -> user settings -> printer settings -> basic settings -> letter to A4 override (scrawl down)

Or

Do the right thing and goto devices and printers -> printer properties -> advanced tab -> default settings and change it permanently.

Forgot about that setting..Good point. Emujo

Synthohol
05-23-2017, 09:56 PM
there is a metric/inch selection somewhere too.
is A4 in the trays? there is also a driver override for the bypass tray.

Maximo
05-24-2017, 08:24 AM

Or

i've checked for this settings and i can't manage to find it

B0265
05-24-2017, 10:43 AM
Look for "A4/A3<->LTR/LGR Auto Switch", I can't see in your picture if it's off or on.

Jimmy:)
05-24-2017, 07:27 PM
+1 on the settings through the print properties but both suggested options should do the trick.

Maximo
05-25-2017, 08:28 AM
thanks, apparentley this solved the problem.Thanks alot!

Now i have another problem...if i load paper into the adf to scan or copy the pages are black either on mail scan either if we copy.The printer is new and i called the tech department but they will come in one week and it's too much until then...is there any way to solve this problem faster?

Thanks for the help!

Northwestservice
06-29-2017, 10:57 PM
okay I am searching for answers on same machine .. Canadian machine had driver issues printing machine kept saying a4 paper in trays. trays have letter same thing with manual feed reinstalled all drivers on all computers updated firmware thought problem was gone after 2 months customer sends long email about how it has never worked.. I look at keyboard and I can see that some of the cassettes are showing a4,b4 sizes turn off copier turn back on its good pull out cassette push in cassette and its okay customer tries it and really closes cassette hard and it goes back to a4. turn off machine turn on and its okay, any body seeing this as well turns out I know have a second c227 doing the same thing

rrrohan
06-30-2017, 06:25 AM
Paper stuck behind tray? Remove tray completely to get good look.

Choclit007
07-04-2017, 06:58 PM
I recently had to punch down the wires in the connector at the main board - factory defect. Trays 1 & 2 were randomly displaying ??? instead of the paper size. The Tray size switches all tested ok. Also there was a KB for loose screws in the trays and guides were slipping.
or maybe this was a C258? Maybe it applies.

blackcat4866
07-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Perhaps slamming the tray hard is the problem. A full ream of paper has a lot of momentum and may break the locking latch on the rear paper guide. So first find out if the side guides are staying in the correct position. If they are moving, fix the paper guides and encourage your customer not to slam around the machine. It will be billable the next time. =^..^=

Custom Search