PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C6500 with j3204

Custom Search

afterhours
05-27-2017, 06:13 PM
Hello everyone,

Im having a problem with a c6500. I can seem to get even 1 copy out face down. The paper stops in the RU unit every time. Going into the second sensor. So the paper is making it out of the machine, but giving Jam code 3204. Ive swapped the fuser with a good one and swapped the sensor in question inside the RU unit. Any suggestions. Also, I am looking for firmware version 50 or 60. Does anyone have this and willing to give/sale/trade?

methogod
05-27-2017, 11:43 PM
Will it run face up?

afterhours
05-28-2017, 12:14 AM
Will it run face up?
Yes it will run face up.

methogod
05-28-2017, 03:22 AM
what about duplex?

If it runs face up you can eliminate the RU

what size sheet are you testing with? if letter, try running tabloid... just for testing

what is life of machine (meter?)?

New install? or was this running before the 3204 issue?

I assume you cleaned the sensor in the turn-over section?

My best guess would to look at the decurling roller and exit decurling roller is worn out or failed....

afterhours
05-28-2017, 03:49 AM
what about duplex?

If it runs face up you can eliminate the RU

what size sheet are you testing with? if letter, try running tabloid... just for testing

what is life of machine (meter?)?

New install? or was this running before the 3204 issue?

I assume you cleaned the sensor in the turn-over section?

My best guess would to look at the decurling roller and exit decurling roller is worn out or failed....The machine is not a new install. It jams with all paper sizes. I did clean all sensors and swapped fuser. The decurling roller looks good but I can try that next. Thank you

methogod
05-28-2017, 05:07 AM
how far is it getting jammed...

is the paper on the way out of the machine, or the way into the exit rollers...

i have also had paper stuck in the exit...

i know its a pain to replace the exit rollers, but we run alot of heavy stock, and when it goes we have tons of issue, so we always replace the exit roller and the grit roller right below it.

snoopyed
05-29-2017, 02:31 PM
I just solved j-3204 on the C7000 recently .
It's same problem about the paper too late to leaving paper exit sensor PS16.
In my case, the root cause is the rear side screw of fused paper exit plate was loosened.
It makes the rear side of paper rub paper path during printing then paper leave fuser slowly.
Please see the video by the link below
https://youtu.be/bwcl7SfbYww

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Texers
06-16-2022, 01:26 PM
I just solved j-3204 on the C7000 recently .
It's same problem about the paper too late to leaving paper exit sensor PS16.
In my case, the root cause is the rear side screw of fused paper exit plate was loosened.
It makes the rear side of paper rub paper path during printing then paper leave fuser slowly.
Please see the video by the link below
https://youtu.be/bwcl7SfbYww

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

If you find yourself in London, i will buy you a drink!

Custom Search