PDA

View Full Version : How can I disable a PKI card reader that was previously installed on a 363?

Custom Search

Ad3t0
06-05-2017, 03:46 PM
I have a customer with a 363 that used to have a PKI card reader installed on it I've tried to disable it in service mode except there appears to be a missing UnSet options. The pictures below are of two different machines that are both 363's. One of them doesn't have this problem and the other does. What can I do to "UnSet" the PKI card reader?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any input!

Synthohol
06-05-2017, 11:02 PM
you can try to initialize system data then put movie data back on it.

blackcat4866
06-05-2017, 11:17 PM
you can try to initialize system data then put movie data back on it.

Additionally you may need to got into Billing Mode and turn it off. =^..^=

emujo2
06-07-2017, 01:34 PM
There are a few soft switch settings that are enabled to put the device in PKI mode. I'm not sure that a data clear will reset these switches. Emujo

habik
06-07-2017, 10:08 PM
Service Manual says you have to default SSW. There is minimum of 2 SSW. Have you got a manual?

Ad3t0
06-08-2017, 03:47 PM
I do have a manual what is SSW? I searched the manual for it but it didn't return any results. Thanks for your help!

habik
06-09-2017, 11:26 PM
I do have a manual what is SSW? I searched the manual for it but it didn't return any results. Thanks for your help!

System 2 > Soft Switch

mitchl
10-18-2017, 03:57 PM
I have the info to restore normal operation up to the 4 series if you ever need it. Figure someone may run into this again if they pick up a retired DOD machine or similar that had lots of security.

Cantechman
10-19-2017, 06:58 PM
You may have to clear all data. That will erase all user settings as it if was a new install.

I have a customer with a 363 that used to have a PKI card reader installed on it I've tried to disable it in service mode except there appears to be a missing UnSet options. The pictures below are of two different machines that are both 363's. One of them doesn't have this problem and the other does. What can I do to "UnSet" the PKI card reader?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any input!

mitchl
10-19-2017, 07:11 PM
You may have to clear all data. That will erase all user settings as it if was a new install.Whats your email address and I will send you the info. You also need to go in and see if they had it hooked to an external server delete it. Plus you need to look in stop 9 in service and make sure the function choice is set to unset. In admin make sure the account track isnt turned on also. Do all this after following the instructions that I send you. You should also update the firmware to non-PKI although some have special FW and some dont, I guess it depends on the level of security they were trying to achieve.

Custom Search