PDA

View Full Version : HP LJ 4200 envelope feeder

Custom Search

copyman
06-23-2017, 12:39 PM
I put new feed roller in this envelope feeder and it will feed one envelope with no problems but if you put a stack it won't feed at all. I've clean all the other rollers, one way bearing gears, etc.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks in advance

theengel
06-23-2017, 05:49 PM
You might go to the shaft that the one way bearing is on and clean it and use sand paper to get it roughed up a little.

copyman
07-02-2017, 01:43 PM
Just wanted to update on fix. After scuffing up both shafts where the one way bearings are it still wouldn't pull in envelopes. I remembered that when I replaced the feed rollers I cleaned the one-ways with alcohol. That was a mistake! Turns out the bearings need the grease to grip the shaft. Put grease back in bearings and working great now !!!

KenB
07-02-2017, 04:07 PM
One way bearings can be tricky little animals, regardless of brand.

ofcourse
07-13-2017, 06:57 PM
I put new feed roller in this envelope feeder and it will feed one envelope with no problems but if you put a stack it won't feed at all. I've clean all the other rollers, one way bearing gears, etc.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Just curious, I have some of these same feeders -- what kind of feed rollers were you using as replacements?

copyman
07-13-2017, 07:14 PM
I posted in an earlier thread that after a lot of searching found out the LJ M600/601 envelope feeder "CE399A" uses same rollers & other parts. They do have part #'s for all the parts in the newer feeder. Figured there had to be parts for these older feeders since they are being sold on the internet as " completely refurbished". Hope this helps.

Custom Search