PDA

View Full Version : Biz C220 SMB login error windows 10

Custom Search

kingarthur
07-17-2017, 03:49 PM
We've got a customer with a C220, who was scanning to SMB quite happily, until their IT upgraded them to Windows 10, now all they get is "deleted due to error" which is "login error", according to their IT, it's nothing he has done & he "hasn't changed anything", I've got them to restart & log on to their PC to confirm that the user name & password hasn't changed............I have told them they really need to get their IT to sort it out, but all he does is log in remotely & say it's nothing to do with him, I'm trying to help them, as a goodwill gesture, has anyone else had this, or any suggestions, cheers

REGSIS
07-17-2017, 04:32 PM
With win 10 last update pasword protected sharing cannot be turned off.

Anyway, if user has pasword set for his/her account input it in registration in address book.
If not then create new user with password and share folder with that new user.

copytechman
07-17-2017, 04:35 PM
I use ftp which bypasses most if not all smb nonsense if I can do it!

Regards!

A.

Hansoon
07-18-2017, 04:48 AM
Same for me since the early days of digital scanning. For me its Scan-FTP. If customer or their IT-Goofs want other, its their problem.

Hans

avecosat
07-18-2017, 01:25 PM
KM informs about compatibility after changing windows from SMB 1.0 to SMB 2.0, you have the information in Infohub may be your problem.

Max
07-18-2017, 01:40 PM
Also check if they are logging on using microsoft account or actual local pc account.

Don N.
08-01-2017, 12:58 AM
I'm putting at least 1 Win 10 PC per week back to public folder sharing: on and pw protection: off. May consider setting up FTP, but on a pc, not a server, doesn't that require an ftp utility to run?

Nommo
08-01-2017, 01:44 AM
Indeed you need some software for FTP Server. The very basic one is Konica Minolta FTP Utility, but I actually prefer using something like FileZilla Server - it's really easy and I trust it more, cuz FileZilla is well known FTP Server/Client software :)

Regards,
Nommo.

EDIT:

Links:
FTP Utility: http://download.konicaminolta.hk/bt/driver/mfpu/ftpu/ftpu_10.zip
FileZilla Server: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=server

Don N.
08-01-2017, 03:10 AM
Indeed you need some software for FTP Server. The very basic one is Konica Minolta FTP Utility, but I actually prefer using something like FileZilla Server - it's really easy and I trust it more, cuz FileZilla is well known FTP Server/Client software :)

Regards,
Nommo.

EDIT:

Links:
FTP Utility: http://download.konicaminolta.hk/bt/driver/mfpu/ftpu/ftpu_10.zip
FileZilla Server: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=server

We have to use filezilla on Mac's. I heard the KM FTP utility didn't work with 64 bit or w10?

Hansoon
08-01-2017, 05:57 AM
Don, I use the "Quick 'N Easy FTP server" since years and its very good and better than KM-Utility.

Quick 'n Easy FTP Server Lite (http://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/html/quick__n_easy_ftp_server_lite.html)
Download link at the bottom of their page.

Very easy to set up and there is a server log showing exactly what's going on. If anything goes wrong it shows exactly why.

Hans

mo0651
08-01-2017, 02:40 PM
You need to send a little "gunfire" in the IT dept. direction. I assume scanning was working prior to Windows 10. What do you mean he didn't do anything!!!!
Are you scanning to Computer name or IP address??
In "Command Prompt" Run NET CONFIG WORKSTATION
Then you can see what LOGIN that computer is using. The password should be good.
Win 10 has both a LOCAL LOGIN or CLOUD LOGIN.
Again you should have customer bill their IT for any labor charges.

Nommo
08-01-2017, 04:49 PM
We have to use filezilla on Mac's. I heard the KM FTP utility didn't work with 64 bit or w10?

Nah as far as I remember I've never encountered any problems with it, but it's quite old and sends some kind of old FTP syntax which is pain in the ass if you want to test the server by browser for example, that's why I prefer FileZilla :) But I am talking about FileZilla server, there's no MacOs version, I suppose you meant FileZilla Client to connect to FTP Server. There's build in Mac tool, but it's really bad, it doesn't even allow to delete files remotely. If you need I can explain where is it, but I need to grab my Mac :)

Regards,
Nommo.

CompyTech
08-02-2017, 07:47 PM
I've discovered the best way to setup scan to smb on Win10(and Win7) now, is to create a local user on the PC just for scanning, and give it whatever password. Give the share permissions to that user you created and setup the scan to file that way. Works 9/10 times for me.

With all the recent security updates from Microsoft it has been more difficult to get SMB sharing setup without passwords.

Good luck

Don N.
08-02-2017, 08:03 PM
I've discovered the best way to setup scan to smb on Win10(and Win7) now, is to create a local user on the PC just for scanning, and give it whatever password. Give the share permissions to that user you created and setup the scan to file that way. Works 9/10 times for me.

With all the recent security updates from Microsoft it has been more difficult to get SMB sharing setup without passwords.

Good luck

My IT guy showedme how to set up a scan user "lite" under computer mgmt, local users & groups, set properties to cannot change pw and pw never expires. I was delighted until I found out that isn't in the home version and over half the idiots customers have home version at work!

kingarthur
08-04-2017, 04:46 PM
You need to send a little "gunfire" in the IT dept. direction. I assume scanning was working prior to Windows 10. What do you mean he didn't do anything!!!!
Are you scanning to Computer name or IP address??
In "Command Prompt" Run NET CONFIG WORKSTATION
Then you can see what LOGIN that computer is using. The password should be good.
Win 10 has both a LOCAL LOGIN or CLOUD LOGIN.
Again you should have customer bill their IT for any labor charges.

Everything was working before he did the update, I've said for them to tell their IT to "rollback" the upgrade, he was in there all this morning & still hasn't sorted it, they're using computer name, they had a problem about 2 months ago, when the IT chap had been in & left the scanning not working, he'd inputted everything wrong, including putting the folder name where the user name was supposed to go, of course as it was a "copier problem" so the customer called us to fix it, talked her through sorting it on the phone, trying to get them to change their IT to us, the staff wants to, but the boss wants to stay with their current provider "as they're cheaper", he just doesn't understand that they're not cheaper if they keep causing problems...

copier addict
08-04-2017, 05:52 PM
Everything was working before he did the update, I've said for them to tell their IT to "rollback" the upgrade, he was in there all this morning & still hasn't sorted it, they're using computer name, they had a problem about 2 months ago, when the IT chap had been in & left the scanning not working, he'd inputted everything wrong, including putting the folder name where the user name was supposed to go, of course as it was a "copier problem" so the customer called us to fix it, talked her through sorting it on the phone, trying to get them to change their IT to us, the staff wants to, but the boss wants to stay with their current provider "as they're cheaper", he just doesn't understand that they're not cheaper if they keep causing problems...

There are two things that get changed when Win10 updates. The first is "password protected sharing" and he second is the network location.
Right click on the network icon in toolbar. Select "Open network and sharing center". Make sure it isn't a "Public Network". If it is, click the start button and type "Homegroup". Click "Change network location".
Password protected sharing, as stated earlier, needs to be off.

richmods
08-07-2017, 01:16 PM

Good luck

This above and also make sure the ethernet adapter is set to private and NOT public.

Custom Search