PDA

View Full Version : Konica C224 toner compatibility

Custom Search

ftq
07-29-2017, 03:49 PM
Hi everyone! We used to refill our c350 with c6500 toner and had great success. I wonder If we can do the same to C224, can we refill the toner from c1060 or c1085?

Thanks

Synthohol
07-29-2017, 05:58 PM
i would not recommend that under any circumstance unless you enjoy callbacks and premature DV unit replacements.

ftq
07-30-2017, 12:49 AM
i would not recommend that under any circumstance unless you enjoy callbacks and premature DV unit replacements.
thanks for the advice. so you are saying their toner are completely different? if they use same toner, then it shouldn't be any problem, since i never had problem refilling my c350 with c6500 toner. I heard a lot copier manufacture they actually use same toner for their office and production machines, the difference are the bottle and chip.

Synthohol
07-30-2017, 01:54 AM
xx4 series toner has extra developer in the bottle, i dont think production machines have that or even the right ratio or even the right size particles for a BH.

nijebitno
12-11-2017, 02:05 PM
thanks for the advice. so you are saying their toner are completely different? if they use same toner, then it shouldn't be any problem, since i never had problem refilling my c350 with c6500 toner. I heard a lot copier manufacture they actually use same toner for their office and production machines, the difference are the bottle and chip.

You can use C6500/6501 class toner and also C6000/7000/8000 class toner in C224, C350 etc machines because toner for these machines do not have developer inside toner. C1060, C1070 and C1085 have new generation of toner mixture with 5-10% developer inside toner to postpone service intervals for developer replacement in new machines. This toner would make damage to your developing/drum units.

Hope this helps.

907tec
12-12-2017, 01:27 AM
You can use C6500/6501 class toner and also C6000/7000/8000 class toner in C224, C350 etc machines because toner for these machines do not have developer inside toner. C1060, C1070 and C1085 have new generation of toner mixture with 5-10% developer inside toner to postpone service intervals for developer replacement in new machines. This toner would make damage to your developing/drum units.

Hope this helps.

........you sure about that? I would check your facts before encouraging people to ruin their (spendy) dev units.

From the C224 manual:
6.3.1 Toner replenishing overview
• The toner replenishing mechanism incorporated in this machine has a two-step replenishing structure, one replenishing the toner hopper
with toner from the toner bottle and the other replenishing the developing unit with toner from the toner hopper.
• The toner bottle incorporates the auto refining developing system.
• The toner bottle is packed with both toner and carrier and the developing unit is replenished with fresh carrier at the same time that it is
replenished with toner. Excess carrier in the developing unit is discharged, thereby inhibiting carrier left in the developing unit from being
deteriorated and maintaining stable image quality for an extended period of time.
• For details of the auto refining developing system, see “O.5.3.3 Auto refining developing system”.

nijebitno
12-12-2017, 08:33 AM
........you sure about that? I would check your facts before encouraging people to ruin their (spendy) dev units.

From the C224 manual:
6.3.1 Toner replenishing overview
• The toner replenishing mechanism incorporated in this machine has a two-step replenishing structure, one replenishing the toner hopper
with toner from the toner bottle and the other replenishing the developing unit with toner from the toner hopper.
• The toner bottle incorporates the auto refining developing system.
• The toner bottle is packed with both toner and carrier and the developing unit is replenished with fresh carrier at the same time that it is
replenished with toner. Excess carrier in the developing unit is discharged, thereby inhibiting carrier left in the developing unit from being
deteriorated and maintaining stable image quality for an extended period of time.
• For details of the auto refining developing system, see “O.5.3.3 Auto refining developing system”.

Thank you for clearing this up for people who did not try it by themsleves. Every toner have small amount of developer inside but on new gen of machines that amount is far more than on older machines due to longer service intervals for replacement. This what I mentioned was not result of “official” KM tech recommendations than rather my own reserach and testing with C6501 toner and C224 machine I also have. I used C224 for 3 years running it on C6501 toner with no problems. C224 have 320.000 copies made. And from my research/experinece toner from C5501/6501 is identical as toner for C224 by content and structure. You can find info on US KM site in safety dara sheet section for each toner. It hurts that you by machine whic I know toner cost 30€ per bottle (original for C5501) in KM pricelist and you need to pay 90€ for toner half size but in different packaging. Guy who started thread did not ask for “official” opinion and is probably looking for some insensitive to try this. I am offering my own experience and nothing else.
Forums are places where people share knowledge, experiences and findings with other people. Everything I wrote here is based of my personal experience and fyi I asked for advice on doing this 3 yeara ago and nobody could tell me any info so I risked 2 years old low clicks C224 and ty it. Result is 320.000 clcks with no problem using C6501 toner.

Best regards to everyone :-)

AjitN
12-12-2017, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=ftq;571672]Hi everyone! We used to refill our c350 with c6500 toner and had great success. I wonder If we can do the same to C224, can we refill the toner from c1060 or c1085?

There is some differences in toner.
Some toner does not contain developer others do have appropriate amount of developer as per model requirement. ( 4% to 8-10%).
machines which do have auto dispensing waste developer(you can see that by examining waste bottle, if there is provision for waste developer outlet), the toner contains developer to compensate developer quantity. If not theoretically there is no need for developer contain in toner. C1060 OR C1085 do have developer in toner (% really don't know).
But my experience is I am using same (C1060) toner even in C220/280/360 machines as it worked very well. As all of us know, after some time developer quantity in C280 Family goes down, and this replenishment of developer helps to maintain the image quality. I am using this toner since C1060 made available, before that I used C8000 toner without any problem.
Only thing is that you need to refill it manually as one bottle refills 3+ times.
Hope this help

907tec
12-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Caveat emptor.

Zesti
12-13-2017, 09:15 AM
A HELL OF KNOWLEDGE for me..........

copyman
12-13-2017, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't recommend it, besides toners are NOT that expensive. Plus when a single color DV unit costs $500+ why chance it.

While you are at it you can save $$$ by re-rolling your toilet paper & paper towels and reuse them;)

habik
12-13-2017, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't recommend it, besides toners are NOT that expensive. Plus when a single color DV unit costs $500+ why chance it.

While you are at it you can save $$$ by re-rolling your toilet paper & paper towels and reuse them;)May as well wash the @$$ and save some [emoji268]. :)

But you are right. The labour involved plus the chances of premature failures, think it is not worth, unless you fill it with Maybelline, then it might be worth it! :D

Must be Christmas season.. all this jokes popping in my head. :)

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

AjitN
12-13-2017, 03:39 PM
May as well wash the @$$ and save some [emoji268]. :)

But you are right. The labour involved plus the chances of premature failures, think it is not worth, unless you fill it with Maybelline, then it might be worth it! :D

Must be Christmas season.. all this jokes popping in my head. :)

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Sir
There is no premature failure.
please understand in case of C220/C280/C360 Drum unit, Developer Unit, Transfer Belt Unit & Fixing Unit is same for all models, RIGHT?
Do you think toner could be OR can be Technically different?
Is it possible when all Xerographic components are same and toner is different?
It is just marketing strategy, if machine speed is low, operating cost should go high, so Toner Cap is made differently, We never used C220 OEM Toner but in initial days we used C360 Toner(OEM) and replaced Black Caps of C220/C280.
Guys please understand technically we are taken for ride for many things like main boards costs 80% of machine cost. WT hell?
Love this unity

copier addict
12-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Sir
There is no premature failure.
please understand in case of C220/C280/C360 Drum unit, Developer Unit, Transfer Belt Unit & Fixing Unit is same for all models, RIGHT?
Do you think toner could be OR can be Technically different?
Is it possible when all Xerographic components are same and toner is different?
It is just marketing strategy, if machine speed is low, operating cost should go high, so Toner Cap is made differently, We never used C220 OEM Toner but in initial days we used C360 Toner(OEM) and replaced Black Caps of C220/C280.
Guys please understand technically we are taken for ride for many things like main boards costs 80% of machine cost. WT hell?
Love this unity

This is one series and the models within that series. Yes, the toners are the same between the three models. But to put C220 toner into a C368 is not a good idea. As models change, so does the toner. Advances are made. Things get better, hopefully.

Zesti
12-13-2017, 05:27 PM
This is one series and the models within that series. Yes, the toners are the same between the three models. But to put C220 toner into a C368 is not a good idea. As models change, so does the toner. Advances are made. Things get better, hopefully.Keeping in view of above mentioned discussion about carrier ratio in toner their may consequences of using toner of different models. I have personal experience on color mfp' s creating image problems and it seems that there is more developer in DV than it should be....how it's possible, reducing developer qty fixes the problem. The additional developer came with non OEM substandard toner.

Sent from my RHYTHM RX60 using Tapatalk

Don N.
09-14-2018, 01:10 PM
Been running Color Inmaging toner made in USA for several years, on c220 series and C224/e series. Only issue we have sometimes is yellow dev dusting way earlier than other colors. Usually around 60k or more. Tried Copylite compatible dev on all colors with reset & calibration setting up at density levels around 6.5% to 6.9% which is same as OEM levels. On a couple of units, we had yellow dev dusting excessively after only 20k or so.
Question:
Anyone using strictly OEM toners see yellow dev dusting, if so, at what meter?
Anyone using aftermarket dev replacement and same dev unit again? (Recalibrated with a reset chip?), your success?
Most every one of our developer changes with aftermarket dev. goes fine. Some bad ATDC/reset chips on the market made us just re-use the OEM ATDC sensor and a reset piggyback chip to initialize and recalibrate. Those strictly reset chips work every time, with the aforementioned yellow overtoning occasionally. Thought maybe the transfer belt being too old was a factor, but I think we've ruled that out. BTW, Drums are always replaced on schedule. We know you can't stretch the drums too far without pulling dev & screwing up the dev. level.
THANKS for feedback from anyone.

PS. Color Imaging is walking away from the C224e toners series. We are looking for a compatible replacement source.

Custom Search