PDA

View Full Version : biz 350

Custom Search

Gab
07-29-2017, 10:30 PM
message add toner appears. I noticed that toner bottle doesn't rotate during adding toner procedure.
I checked and found that no gear at toner adding mechanism rotates. All gears are ok so solenoids. In recent past because i thoght that this mecanism was out of order i checked gears and cleaned colenoids . ALSO I tried to find out this mecanism works> it worked for 2 months and then this problem>
iS there any way to adjust it or i must replace it?.

Woxner
07-29-2017, 11:40 PM
no adjusments. you can replce assy. it wont turn even in toner add if the sub hooper is full

Don N.
08-01-2017, 12:12 AM
Check for the sub hopper plate stuck in the full position. That would prevent the bottle from rotating. (Vacuum all toner out of the sub hopper and turn the gears.) The drive clutch ass'y is called Hopper Drive Unit. PN was 4030078800 for di2010~di3510, which is same as bh200~bh350. That is a bring your lunch repair if you've never had that unit out. At least 1.5 ~ 2 hours first time. About 1 hour even after the 10th or 20th one. The large gear shaft used to bend from improper insertion of new toner. Supposedly reinforced years ago, but the rear wall of the drive unit is thin. Be sure if you go into it aiming to repair, that you remove the foam pads & glue under both solenoid plates. They are probably rotten & will stick in the open position causing a flood of toner & C2557, also usually right after toner is replaced. (Toner goes from very low to very high, resulting in C2557) Watch for the brass bushing seating into the hole for it in the rear copier wall looking from behind the copier upon re-installing the ass'y. Any time we service hopper issues, we replace the foam. YOU MUST PUT SOMETHING BACK FOR THE FOAM! Three layers of electrical tape, about 1 mm tape or cork or rubber, but don't let the solenoid plates just hit metal. They will stick open from magnetism.

Custom Search