PDA

View Full Version : Sharp AR-M207

Custom Search

Ziggy52555
09-13-2006, 06:35 PM
I currently have 3 of these Sharps in the field and all have the same problem. Jamming coming out of tray 1 after about 50K. I've replaced the primary P.F. tires in all machines but this didn't work. I 've found one person who says its the DFP tabs on the paper drawers, and I've adjusted them until I'm ready to kill. It doesn't happen all the time but it will jam 1 in 10-15 or so. One started about 4 months ago the next a month ago and now the third. I've managed to solve this problem by switching out the paper drawers, but this only buys me a little time. Does anyone else have this problem. Sharp Tech support is no help at all...
:confused:

choicecopyguy
09-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Does it also dbl feed? I have had 3 of these machinesdo the same thing. Sharp swears they hav no record of any other machines doing anything like this. We got our supplier to take machine back and replaced with a Canon. We will never place another of these machines.

Ziggy52555
09-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Yes every once in awhile they do double feed. We can't get our supplier to do anything, and your right Sharp says they never heard of this problem. If anyone else out there has any ideas we wold love to hear it.

BODINE
09-14-2006, 07:37 PM
We have same problem with a M205, We ended up replacing lower fuser frame, gate and switch actuator, Seems like frame was warped enough that the actuator was not making switch all the time. This only happens on multi copy . Hope it helps.

davidhackler
02-08-2007, 03:28 AM
try cleaning the PF clutch....I've had problems with toner/dev getting into the clutches.... At least it's somthing to try

SoCaLRicohTech
02-08-2007, 05:11 AM
try cleaning the PF clutch....I've had problems with toner/dev getting into the clutches.... At least it's somthing to try

Those little 207's (And the 205's) Hahahaha! that whole tabletop line....
has "Inherently" weak mag clutches. Cleaning them might help....

I'd just replace em', or like the one guy sez: "We replaced it with a Canon"

i'm a ricoh guy...I'll stay out of that mess.

I've worked on a few of those AR207's ~ Better engineering designs...many.

I'd say start with PF clutches. Intermittent jams piss off a customer worse
than anything.

Hope that helps!

socal

cse
09-11-2007, 09:56 PM
This problem only occurs with letter size paper from tray 1. Its a design fault. Legal size paper works best in tray 1 because of the feed plate thats different from tray2. If you have two trays put letter size in tray 2 and legal in tray1.
That should solve ur problem it solved mine.

pjdbm
09-12-2007, 01:42 AM
been with Sharp a long time, these machines run better with using Letter R !!

bpowter
10-08-2008, 03:00 AM
I currently have 3 of these Sharps in the field and all have the same problem. Jamming coming out of tray 1 after about 50K. I've replaced the primary P.F. tires in all machines but this didn't work. I 've found one person who says its the DFP tabs on the paper drawers, and I've adjusted them until I'm ready to kill. It doesn't happen all the time but it will jam 1 in 10-15 or so. One started about 4 months ago the next a month ago and now the third. I've managed to solve this problem by switching out the paper drawers, but this only buys me a little time. Does anyone else have this problem. Sharp Tech support is no help at all...
:confused:

did u find solution for this, also i have one of these causing smearing on 2-sided(think its the fusing but not sure)

Custom Search