PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c554e can and cannot see legal paper.

Custom Search

fixthecopier
08-30-2017, 07:16 PM
The machine sees legal paper in the tray. The size is correct and it shows the tray has paper in it. Does not matter if you are trying to make a copy or print to it, it will say no matching paper size available. You then have to select the tray and it will print. One user showed me how she would select legal from her computer and the job would come out on letter. I thought it would be drivers, but it does the same thing making copies. It is not tray specific. Will do the same thing from a different tray. I upgraded firmware and it did nothing. Has anyone seen anything like this before.

Synthohol
08-30-2017, 10:10 PM
is it set to PLAIN?
check paper type setting once you select the tray. may be set otherwise.

blackcat4866
08-31-2017, 02:42 AM
Is that tray included in auto-tray selection? If its excluded, the only way to get that paper is to specifically choose the tray on the screen or in the driver. Or non-standard media type like Synthohol suggests. =^..^=

fixthecopier
08-31-2017, 10:25 AM
is it set to PLAIN?
check paper type setting once you select the tray. may be set otherwise.

Yes, tray settings are forr plain.

Synthohol
08-31-2017, 01:24 PM
Is that tray included in auto-tray selection? If its excluded, the only way to get that paper is to specifically choose the tray on the screen or in the driver. =^..^=

BC said the only other thing that can cause it.

D_L_P
08-31-2017, 03:28 PM
Seen one where drawer was set to single sided only. That was tricky because the icon wasn't any different.
Black cat had good suggestion, tray not included with auto select.

fixthecopier
09-01-2017, 02:00 AM
Is that tray included in auto-tray selection? If its excluded, the only way to get that paper is to specifically choose the tray on the screen or in the driver. Or non-standard media type like Synthohol suggests. =^..^=

That is what the problem was. I didn't know at the time that the customer was "exploring" the features on the control panel to change the default tray from 1 to 3. They unknowingly took tray 2 out. Funny thing was that I had the same problem when I put the legal in tray 1, but putting tray 2 back in the selections fixed the issue. Thanks BC.

blackcat4866
09-01-2017, 03:28 PM
You're welcome.

Custom Search