PDA

View Full Version : CQ C658, black is blank

Custom Search

kenpio
09-08-2017, 09:55 PM
The other tech went to the customer on Wednesday and the black developer looked weak. We ordered an new Black DV unit. I went down today to put it in and within 8 prints the print was lacking all black! I took the DV unit out and the mag roller was silver, no developer on it! The state confirm says the black toner density is at 7.11%. KM says that I need to replace drum and developer. Try to upload sample but it is too large. Any thoughts?

Thanks
KEN

blackcat4866
09-09-2017, 02:52 AM
I'm not the only one who's experienced a bad HVT. When I installed the first magenta developing unit, I thought that it was odd that I didn't even get one good print. When I installed the second magenta developing unit, I had the engine cover off. Looking through the various holes in the frame, I watched all my magenta toner and some of the magenta developer deplete within 10 seconds of booting up the machine. The primary transfer belt was completely coated magenta for the first few seconds, then faded to developer gray.

Over a series of very painful followups I eventually installed 6 developing units, two drums, a sub-hopper assembly, and was heading for the MFPB next.

Have fun with this one. =^..^=

habik
09-10-2017, 08:03 PM
I had it once on C308 with yellow where it just started giving a blanket of yellow but it was coding out for low TCR. So same here changed dev, drum and then HVT solved it.

So if you have spare HVT, go with it first.

nassor
09-12-2017, 10:28 AM
U should no harry for it, just leave the unit and wait 1,2 or ...hr for machine to auto ujdust all environment condition.

EarthKmTech
09-12-2017, 12:22 PM
get out your ohm meter and check for continuity between drum external HV contact and PCR shaft.

The (poor) design of the drum unit and heavy PCR with no transport protection allows the pcr HV contact to bend away from the PCR permanently if the drum unit is dropped in transit, inside the original box, on the HV contact end.

With no continuity all developer will be deposited in to the waste box via the drum cleaning section, destroying the developing unit of the respective colour the defective drum unit is installed in.

KNOWN ISSUE.

kenpio
09-13-2017, 09:30 PM
Was at customer today, well yesterday too. I replaced the HV board without clearing the problem. I had the wrong drum yesterday and could not try a black drum. I kept the first DV unit in this morning with a new drum. I put in the drum and I got print out! It was the config page and it was light, but it was print and not just blank. So I put the new DV unit in and we are set. That was this AM and all is running good.

Thanks Much
KEN

Custom Search