PDA

View Full Version : Konica Bizhub C250

Custom Search

Absurd
08-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Im having trouble with this machine jamming for no apparent reason. It always jams one of two ways. The first way is described by the machine as a jam in the vertical transport section. With this jam there is always a sheet of paper leaving the fuser and a sheet having just hit the registration switch. the second way is described as a jam from what ever paper drawer was being used (didnt matter what drawer you choose it jams the same way). With this jam there was a sheet of paper leaving the registration switch and a sheet barely leaving the paper drawer. Ive replaced all feed rollers and the registration switch. When I go into service mode and check sensors there seems to be a slight delay between hitting the switch and it registering on the display. This delay varies some from test to test sometimes registering quickly and others kinda slow. Im now assuming there is a main board problem but was wondering what you guys thought or had seen in the past.

TugmysterUK
09-17-2008, 11:37 PM
i had a simular prob with one of these it may not help but check the sensor arm in the fuser exit door they can bend slightly or the door where the sensor arm sits can break .. worth a check

fixthecopier
09-18-2008, 01:35 AM
Can be clutch problems. If when it jams the image on one of the sheets is slightly off center it could be the feed clutch. Stopping at the reg. roller; I am going to change a clutch on that roller tomorrow, and in the past, I have pulled the feed assemblies out and cleaned the small white clutches next to the rollers with alcohol, as they will get gummed up with paper dust.

bigmark
09-18-2008, 02:23 AM
there is a known problem with some of the earlier firmware levels that there was a timing issues when switching between a black copy and a color copy and the shifting of the transfer belt etc. this would then stop the paper in either the horizontal transport (just as another sheet starts to hit the 2nd tansfer roller)

redime
09-18-2008, 02:34 AM
Whats the actual jam code the machine logs in either instance?

Rugggero
09-18-2008, 05:12 PM
If there are error 1201 in the history jam,the problem is lever of the paper take up section.

popcornpuppy
09-19-2008, 12:28 AM
first remove the top tray. push in the 2nd tray and look through the gap where the top tray fits, you should be able to see a white lever at the back of the machine which is pushed upwards when the 2nd tray is closed. this lever as you probably know is pushed upwards by a small platform on the 2nd tray causing the rollers in the feed unit to lower onto the paper. there is a design fault where the lever is about 3mm too short and it sometimes sits behind the small platform instead of on top of it. therefore the rollers arent lowered enough, causing intermittant jamming. the best solution is to stick a strip of c350/c450 led cleaning pad over the small platform which helps elevate the lever

if my description isnt much help i can try and get a few pictures from an enhancement guide i have

good luck with it

petar
10-07-2008, 07:57 PM
it s a cluch problem if you printing duplex.

lucky13
10-11-2008, 04:27 AM
first remove the top tray. push in the 2nd tray and look through the gap where the top tray fits, you should be able to see a white lever at the back of the machine which is pushed upwards when the 2nd tray is closed. this lever as you probably know is pushed upwards by a small platform on the 2nd tray causing the rollers in the feed unit to lower onto the paper. there is a design fault where the lever is about 3mm too short and it sometimes sits behind the small platform instead of on top of it. therefore the rollers arent lowered enough, causing intermittant jamming. the best solution is to stick a strip of c350/c450 led cleaning pad over the small platform which helps elevate the lever

if my description isnt much help i can try and get a few pictures from an enhancement guide i have

good luck with it here is the bulliten

rdyjnkns
10-08-2015, 08:06 PM
here is the bulliten
I had the same intermittent jam code 1201 with tray 2 on a KM Bizhub C450. The technician way before me performed a field repair similar to that outlined in Bulliten No. 5505. He applied tape vice the spacer (P/N 4030P00200) and I don't think he replaced the lever (P/N 4030301103). I rolled up a small piece of paper in attached it to the area where the spacer is suppose to go and it works. Now it I can find the correct parts to make this a permanent fix.
NOTE: Did a search on the internet for the spacer and lever, no joy. If anyone knows a vendor, hook me up. Otherwise, it's field repair. Thanks.

Custom Search