PDA

View Full Version : C284e boards

Custom Search

allan
10-23-2017, 03:11 PM
Hi guys

let say if i change out all 3 parts the SSD the MFP and the PRCB from one machine to another machine and start it with firmware...
That should be ok right?

Really need an SSD for a 5s rebooting 2 fin machine but cant get one quick enough.
The reset tool have me some headaches before.

Synthohol
10-23-2017, 03:25 PM
risky but have a read..

avecosat
10-23-2017, 03:41 PM
I did it a year ago with a c224e and I have not had any problems

allan
10-23-2017, 05:04 PM
risky but have a read..

Its exactly what i want to avoid by replacing all three mentioned items from a working but owner less machine that is missing all the other good bits.

Albonline
10-23-2017, 06:50 PM
Its exactly what i want to avoid by replacing all three mentioned items from a working but owner less machine that is missing all the other good bits.

also swap out the id boards and you are golden, be aware however that the sn and meters will be what the donor had.

allan
10-23-2017, 07:38 PM
ID board?

Albonline
10-24-2017, 01:56 PM
small 2 inch square boards hidden in the copier some have 1 some have 2 . think the manual calls them ee boards.

allan
10-24-2017, 05:29 PM
Well seems like there are no such terrors on the newer machines.
Learned today that yes you can change all 3 those items with no problem.
And then the surprising thing, you can change out used boards for "trouble shooting" purposes as long if you do it one at a time no tool needed.
Then there is the still confusing reset tool that will not reset it in all cases.

So the reading material is not as strict as it warns it to be.
Note the donor and the weasel was the same model both C284e
There was some weird codes that popped up but firmware update fixed that.
More important SSD update 6.03 and 6.05.

Yea machine fixed and the donor will not be missed...

Albonline
10-24-2017, 05:55 PM
i have been swapping them all along. as long as you only move one thing at a time it works. also mfps need to be of the same model, otherwise would need to be cleared. the only thing that you need to be careful with is the ssd.

Custom Search