PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous 8 series SSL setting missing

Custom Search

emujo2
10-26-2017, 03:12 PM
On the new 8 series we are finding that when setting up SSL (for 3rd party app like Output Manager), that a setting under Network/TCP Socket settings is missing. The particular setting is SSL(ASCII). Although this is usually checked by default, with the new devices, the setting is just gone. This is causing DRS to give a "unable to connect" message when pushing the client or authentication. I know this is the problem because when I played around with firmware, function versions, data and system initializations for about 2 hours, some combo of these changes put the setting back and DRS was able to connect. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this and found either a better way or soft switch setting to get this setting back. I did another 458 yesterday and we had the same issue. This missing setting does not seem to affect Equitrac, or Autostore (when using the combined client and DRS). 8 series that have been in place for about 6 months show all 3 choices in the TCP Socket settings so I'm pretty sure it's firmware/function version related. Seems to be affecting only new placements with the latest firmware on them (Q4). I have attached an image of the usual page and the difference.

TIA, Emujo

Synthohol
10-26-2017, 05:13 PM
those are really weird SSL ports, normally 465 or 587.

emujo2
10-26-2017, 08:25 PM
These are ports utilized with the KM open API, TCP socket and WebDAV protocols. They may or may not be strictly used with KM devices as I do not work on other products, but normally the vendors work with the manufacturer to determine which ports are used for their devices. Some vendors require SSL to be on. The standard SSL port for HTTPS would be one of the ones you listed. Emujo

FixStuff
10-28-2017, 08:03 AM
Try rolling back the function version. Softswitch 25 in service mode. If you're at 80 try 60.

I had an account where scan to smb kept failing. I had to change the function version to 60 in order for the "Direct Hosting" setting under smb to reappear so I could turn it on. Maybe rolling back will show those settings you're missing.

Once I change the setting to "on" i was able to up the function version with no problem. It stayed on.

habik
10-31-2017, 09:42 PM
Hi Emujo,

Is it missing also on the device interface when you check standing in front of the MFP? We have had this today also on Q4 (C458) and few small (C3851).Machines were tested in workshop, then moved to new environment, SSL on some devices missing. Created new certificate and then had to manually enable the SSL port. Papercut embedded.

Cheers

Custom Search