PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 223 with tray and bypass message

Custom Search

axyun
11-07-2017, 04:48 PM
Customer called yesterday with Bizhub 223 that has message under READY TO COPY that says " tray 1 cannot be used currently" and on a white screen it says

"Load the paper in the proper position in the bypass tray or select a paper tray " underneath that it shows "paper" on the left then what paper to load, which in this case is 11x81/2 short way (not reduction way), and then type of paper, which is "plain" in this case. Customer sent me text photos. I have not been there but will be there today. As it is a good distance from me I wanted to be prepared. I thought I would
look behind tray1 to make sure no paper is behind it. Check the paper setting and how trays are loaded and check tray settings in system settings and see if lift motor is activating.

Please add any info that you feel would be helpful . Frank/ Action Photocopy

D Colour
11-07-2017, 04:57 PM
It wouldn't be something as stupid as a trouble reset? Im only going by the colour machines, we had one today with C0202, customer cleared the jammed paper and the machine is supposed to be able to reset rank b codes itself, but didn't. Needed trouble reset.

copier addict
11-07-2017, 06:19 PM
There is likely paper behind the tray and it has be isolated. Check behind tray, then go into service mode and make sure tray is de-isolated, then reboot machine.

axyun
11-07-2017, 11:53 PM
Thank you guys. It reset just by turning main power switch off. Customer had said he had turned off power and turned back on but probably just sub power on control panel. All seemed to be in order
Just prioritized tray 1 with 11x8.5 short way and de highlighted bypass tray. Also allowed auto selected which was restricted.

Don N.
11-08-2017, 12:51 AM
We remove the tray stoppers to allow customer to fully remove paper trays and access behind & inside. It's possible the load bypass tray with 8 1/2 x 11 was because the tray was isolated, but it reminds me that many of the bizhubs we refurb (meaning they were in the field, set up by other company) don't have the A4~letter override turned on in fax settings or in printer settings. A4 jobs bring the unit to a halt until someone fakes out the machine with 8 1/2 x 11 in the bypass. Lastly, it's possible that the demand for paper fed SEF (short edge first) was for a report, such as the fax tx report, commonly set to every 100 tx's. Not sure why, but Bizhubs like some reports fed that way.

axyun
11-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Thanks Don. In this particular case customer uses machine exclusively for copies and no computer is connected to machine.

Don N.
11-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Thanks Don. In this particular case customer uses machine exclusively for copies and no computer is connected to machine.
Ahhh, like in the good ol' days!

Custom Search