PDA

View Full Version : KMBHC5500 error C6702

Custom Search

Desert Rat
11-14-2017, 03:48 PM
Not sure how to handle this code. I'm not an IT tech.
The code defines as:

Address abnormality of FIFO for
scanner. When scanning an
image, compression of scanned
image data is not correctly completed.

In the estimated parts column:

Image processing board
(IPB)
I/F board (IFB)
Image memory control board
(IMCB

I've never had this type of problem and need some guidance. It sounds like it's having a memory problem?
I will have my first look at this problem today. From what I know this could be a bad connection or a bad board.

Thanks in advance

DR

mircea
11-15-2017, 07:34 AM
Not sure how to handle this code. I'm not an IT tech.
The code defines as:

Address abnormality of FIFO for
scanner. When scanning an
image, compression of scanned
image data is not correctly completed.

In the estimated parts column:

Image processing board
(IPB)
I/F board (IFB)
Image memory control board
(IMCB

I've never had this type of problem and need some guidance. It sounds like it's having a memory problem?
I will have my first look at this problem today. From what I know this could be a bad connection or a bad board.

Thanks in advance

DR

hello
there is an option in printer admin menu somewhere under scan sattings for compressing settings... if you are lucky you can change those settings and see if you get any result. I solved few copiers with this code by lowering the compression size.
That code can also mean that there is some problem with your imcb,ipb or ifb. If changing settings wont solve anything you can test ICP's from those boards to see if there is any blown fuse. But for this you need to know few things about this copier .
best of luck!

Desert Rat
11-15-2017, 02:36 PM
mircea,
Thank you for that information. As it turns out, I re-booted the controller and the copier and the code
did not re-appear. I did look for something in service mode but was not sure what I was looking for.
I was able to send a PS test page through the copier control panel and had the customer print several
pages while I was on site. It seemed to clear up with the power reset.

Thanks for that info, I will look at that next time if it re-occurs.

DR

Custom Search