PDA

View Full Version : C308 address book import to C368

Custom Search

copier tech
11-15-2017, 08:25 AM
Hi all,

I had a customer upgrade a C308 to a C368, I simply wanted to import/export their address book (20 email address & a few scan folders) to their new machine however this failed with an error “ file format incorrect."

Any idea why please? I did this through the browser/pagescope

Many thanks.

copier addict
11-15-2017, 11:12 AM
Hi all,

I had a customer upgrade a C308 to a C368, I simply wanted to import/export their address book (20 email address & a few scan folders) to their new machine however this failed with an error “ file format incorrect."

Any idea why please? I did this through the browser/pagescope

Many thanks.

You need to download Pagescope Data Administrator if you want to import data between different models. Regular Pagescope will only work if the machines are the same model, eg. between a C308 and another C308.

suomi
11-15-2017, 11:13 AM
External memory backup usb memory

KMFLT3CH
11-15-2017, 04:39 PM
You need to download Pagescope Data Administrator if you want to import data between different models. Regular Pagescope will only work if the machines are the same model, eg. between a C308 and another C308.

You can Export and then Import address book data (and more) across different models, you don't need to use PS Data Admin.

Enter service mode and navigate to System 2, Software Switch Settings, Switch number 72, HEX number 04, hit Fix then exit service mode.

Enter admin mode, scroll over to page 2 and select External Memory Backup. Insert a USB drive then select Export.

You can export an old MFP's address book, authentication settings, user settings, network settings and more onto your USB drive, then just plug it into the new MFP and Import the settings via the same steps above. This works across many different models, but not all of them.

copier tech
11-15-2017, 06:10 PM
Perfect, cheers for the info useful to know!

You can Export and then Import address book data (and more) across different models, you don't need to use PS Data Admin.

Enter service mode and navigate to System 2, Software Switch Settings, Switch number 72, HEX number 04, hit Fix then exit service mode.

Enter admin mode, scroll over to page 2 and select External Memory Backup. Insert a USB drive then select Export.

You can export an old MFP's address book, authentication settings, user settings, network settings and more onto your USB drive, then just plug it into the new MFP and Import the settings via the same steps above. This works across many different models, but not all of them.

Custom Search