PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C224e Won't Boot

Custom Search

integritybob
01-22-2018, 05:33 PM
I have a customer with a Bizhub C224e that gets as far as the initial screen (the "shark fins") when powered up but no further. The motors and fans can be heard. I cannot get the trouble reset screen nor can I update firmware - it just sits there with the initial screen. Of course I cannot check the firmware version, either.

I've tried replacing the RAM and hard drive to no avail.

Searching this site I found that this has been a known issue usually related to the SSD board or MFP.

However, these threads are several years old. I was wondering if anyone had encountered this problem recently and if so, what was the fix.

Thanks in advance,

--Bob

copier tech
01-22-2018, 07:07 PM
The issue with the SSD was continual rebooting.

You could try the special SSD fw it may accept that update.

aquatik
01-23-2018, 03:52 AM
I had a similar issue on a C654. I took off all the options (ADF,Finisher) and I got it to fully initialize. Once I plugged the ADF back in I began to hang on the fins. Take the options off and reseat all board cables.

integritybob
01-23-2018, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

@copier tech, do you have a number handy for the special SSD firmware?

The unit does not have a finisher, but I will certainly give it a try with the ADF disconnected. Were you able to resolve the issue with the ADF?

--Bob

ussbarton599
01-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Recommend getting latest base firmware . Machine will look at it automatically in the service port . Be patience and see what happens. Also sounds like it could be H/D problem. Hope that helps.

Tom

integritybob
01-25-2018, 05:26 PM
I'm unable to update the base firmware - it never gets to the update screen. I'm using a thumb drive/firmware that I've successfully used in other units and I've tried it several times, waiting as long as 15 min to see if anything happens.

I've also tried replacing the HD and the RAM.

--Bob

MORGY
01-29-2018, 11:48 AM
I have a customer with a Bizhub C224e that gets as far as the initial screen (the "shark fins") when powered up but no further. The motors and fans can be heard. I cannot get the trouble reset screen nor can I update firmware - it just sits there with the initial screen. Of course I cannot check the firmware version, either.

I've tried replacing the RAM and hard drive to no avail.

Searching this site I found that this has been a known issue usually related to the SSD board or MFP.

However, these threads are several years old. I was wondering if anyone had encountered this problem recently and if so, what was the fix.

Thanks in advance,

--Bob

Had the same fault on a c364e and fixed it with a new ssd and firmware.

Custom Search