PDA

View Full Version : Scan to email

Custom Search

JVC
02-15-2018, 04:07 PM
I have a customer with a Konica Minolta Bizhub c654 that I can not able to get scan to email working. I am using the same settings that work on the c654e machines. Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the 654 and 654e? Is there any chance I am missing something simple?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Joe

kingarthur
02-15-2018, 04:39 PM
How are you scanning, are you using gmail....in which case, you're going to have fun, it'll need a special FW, which is "fun"....

Phil B.
02-15-2018, 04:45 PM
I have a customer with a Konica Minolta Bizhub c654 that I can not able to get scan to email working. I am using the same settings that work on the c654e machines. Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the 654 and 654e? Is there any chance I am missing something simple?

Joe

ummm a little more info please?

is it connecting via IP ... are all the server names correct?

what errors/messages are you getting?

copier addict
02-15-2018, 04:53 PM

Joe

There is a bulletin about this issue. As kingarthur stated, there is firmware required. Actually two firmware versions and a soft switch setting change. It isn't difficult, but the two firmware versions need to be installed in a specific order.

1. Before Updating the machine firmware to GA0-A9
a. Set Software Switch 25 to HEX 20.
b. b. Install GA0-A9 firmware.
Note: If the bizhub is not updated to GA0-A9 firmware, the update to GB2-K5 will not install successfully.
2. Version GA0-A9
C654 C754 A2X00Y0-F000-GA0-A9.exe (for NON-Web Browser Support)
Release Notes: bizhub C654, C754 Special Firmware Version GA0-A9 adds several functions that are available on “e”-
series machines.
3. Version GB2-K5
A2X00Y0-F000-GB2-K5.exe
bizhub C654, C754 (LK-101) Special Firmware Version GB2-K5 Support for Project Chameleon V1.0.

PinkPanther
02-15-2018, 06:29 PM
The problem is not GMail or others. It is definitely a problem of KM handling mails.

My Mail-provider doesn't work as well. (Webgo, germany)
My copier: c224

The technicians of webgo are very friendly, and also interested in problems.
So, together we checked all points of communication.
The bizhub connects perfect to the smtp server, so DNS or IP is not the problem.

The problem is that the user-ID is not transferred. Without user-ID my provider
for example cannot work. We tried “SSL” and “TLS”

Now my user ID is only small letters and numbers. So it is not identical with the
Mail-address. Maybe that is the problem for the bizhub.

So I think without firmware-update -as others have stated above- it will be impossible to solve the problem.

peter42
02-15-2018, 08:34 PM
?
Interesting, any Mailadress is automatically converted into non capial letters in transfer.
If the username is identical to Mailadress, whats their problem?
I never had trouble with Email on 250 up to C759, mixed providers like
vodafon, tkom, Gmail or "In House Mail servers".

As i mentioned in another thread, check password,
write it in Notpad, so you can see whats written instead of stars.
Then copy and paste it into Pagescopes interface.

Reason:
If password dont match, you get only the "cant connect to server" error.
You cant see, if a underline or a minus was mistyped.

PinkPanther
02-15-2018, 08:55 PM
hello Peter,

you don't understand.

the 4 series is having a problem.

My older c203 was mailing without any problem at all.

It is not because of typo or so.

bsm2
02-15-2018, 09:17 PM
Don't forget to add the email address in the machine setting also or it won't work

Woxner
02-16-2018, 12:14 AM
do the firmware update andd all mail should work. for some reason the 4 series was not ready for TSL2 only version 1. the older were not affected and the newer were corrected. after firmware it works just fine. also did not affect E series

copier addict
02-16-2018, 01:28 AM
hello Peter,

you don't understand.

the 4 series is having a problem.

My older c203 was mailing without any problem at all.

It is not because of typo or so.

Without the firmware and soft switch change the 4 non e series is incapable of scanning to email with SSL.

peter42
02-19-2018, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the input.

Without the firmware and soft switch change the 4 non e series is incapable of scanning to email with SSL.

I missed that point, couse my techs are updating any new machine, before it is installed at customers place.
I´m dealing than with the end konfiguration, installing Autostore, Pagescope Entrprise and their Family. http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.png

Custom Search