PDA

View Full Version : Scan-to-SMB troubles KM C450 w/ IC-402 controller

Custom Search

jasonsp6
09-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Hello,

I have a Konica Minolta C450 w/ IC-402 Fiery.
Firmware K0-000 in the C450 and Level 2 in the Fiery.

PROBLEM:
I am encountering a strange problem scanning-to-smb with the Fiery controller attached to the copier. Scan to SMB fails when scanning to a Apple OS X and/or linux/samba shares. The copier appears to transmitt the scan job, but the job does not end up in the destination. Strangely enough, no error is displayed in the scanner job history log (simply displays: "Result: Job Complete".) Scan to SMB does work properly connecting to a Windows XP host.

TEMPORARY RESOLUTION:
Out of curiousity today I disconnected the Fiery controller from the copier (unplugged the ethernet jumper, video interface cable and switched back to image controller 0). With the Fiery disconnected scan-to-smb works perfectly on all destinations (Apple, Windows & Linux).
From this test I believe the Fiery is somehow interfering with the scan-to-smb data that passes though it. Are there any patches available for the Fiery controller to correct this problem?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback or advice.

Thanks!

mungooz
09-16-2008, 12:29 AM
If you can, try and browse to the folder on the mac from your windows workstation (start->run->\\computername\) just to verify you are able to connect and what share permissions issue it might be having. This will also verify that SMB is enabled on the mac.
I've had this issue before with the fiery, it will show the job going through even though it doesn't, and it won't kick back an error message to show the job has failed.

jasonsp6
09-16-2008, 02:16 PM
mungooz,

I verified I can access the SMB shares from my computer.

The fact that scan-to-smb works with the Fiery disconnected makes me curious.

I've had this issue before with the fiery, it will show the job going through even though it doesn't, and it won't kick back an error message to show the job has failed. - How did you resolve this problem? Is there some update or patch applicable to the Fiery?

Specilist KVN
09-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Hello,

I have a Konica Minolta C450 w/ IC-402 Fiery.
Firmware K0-000 in the C450 and Level 2 in the Fiery.

PROBLEM:
I am encountering a strange problem scanning-to-smb with the Fiery controller attached to the copier. Scan to SMB fails when scanning to a Apple OS X and/or linux/samba shares. The copier appears to transmitt the scan job, but the job does not end up in the destination. Strangely enough, no error is displayed in the scanner job history log (simply displays: "Result: Job Complete".) Scan to SMB does work properly connecting to a Windows XP host.

TEMPORARY RESOLUTION:
Out of curiousity today I disconnected the Fiery controller from the copier (unplugged the ethernet jumper, video interface cable and switched back to image controller 0). With the Fiery disconnected scan-to-smb works perfectly on all destinations (Apple, Windows & Linux).
From this test I believe the Fiery is somehow interfering with the scan-to-smb data that passes though it. Are there any patches available for the Fiery controller to correct this problem?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback or advice.

Thanks!

The Fiery will interfere with scan to SMB.

It comes with the Fiery Remote Scan utility so you can use it for this purpose. It can be used as a TWAIN scan through this software as well.

The 2-way communication protocol will be different depending on the MC OS, this has become an issue with each update in OSX.

With Fiery Remote Scan, you actually scan to folder on the Fiery HD and then retrieve from your Mac via the software.
On the production MFPs (BizhubPro) this feature is actually not available at all because of the external RIPs.

konisolver
09-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Put a switch and connect both the fiery and emperon. Use the fiery(static ip) for printing and the emperon(dhcp) for scanning only. Plus scanning with the emperon will give you greater flexibility and better compression. This is how I have my newer fiery's with the emperon.

Specilist KVN
09-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Put a switch and connect both the fiery and emperon. Use the fiery(static ip) for printing and the emperon(dhcp) for scanning only. Plus scanning with the emperon will give you greater flexibility and better compression. This is how I have my newer fiery's with the emperon.

You cannot run bot at the same time on the C450.
That is an option available only on the newer line of MFPs.

You can either run Empron OR Fiery on the C450.

mungooz
09-16-2008, 07:38 PM
You should be able to scan to smb with the fiery attached. Two other things to test,
1) try setting up a share folder on your windows computer and scanning to that.
2) Make sure you can write to the mac shared folder from your pc by creating a text document to make sure write permission is on. Note the user name and password and also the exact path you used to access the folder.

abscopiers
01-23-2009, 08:04 PM
I have basically the same problem with a C351. It is equipped with an IC-402. It is connected to (4) workstations, (3 XP sp3, 1 Vista 64). The copier scans perfectly to two of the workstations, the other two (one being vista), does not scan. The copier displays the scan complete regardless of the actual status. I could input a bogus address and it would still show "scan complete". I was told that when It goes through the fiery that the fiery shows the scan complete regardless of the progress from there. I have set a seperate user on the workstations named bizhub with full access. If I take the fiery out of the loop and connect the copier with the standard controller, the scans work first try. I do need to update the firmware of the controller and the copier. I will try that next. I am still wondering why it would work on two of the systems and not the other two. Since the scans work with the fiery out of the loop, that rules out any login, path, firewall, etc. problem. Any ideas?

Scott

Custom Search