PDA

View Full Version : KM6500 light on top edge

Custom Search

totoro
09-16-2008, 07:18 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the KM6500 and to color machines in general. I have a customer that says that the copies or prints are light on the top edge on all colors and black. It is supposed to be the worst on Yellow. I'm assuming becase it is on everything that the transfer belt is going bad. It has less than 300k on it. I have one on order. Is there anything else I should be looking at? Is there an adjustment I need to make to correct this? Any advice would be great. TIA

Totoro

random
09-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Change the screen from DOT to LINE. if this improves it then you need to see what version of write unit you have as the early ones had the problem you describe. The only way to find out is to pull the right hand side of the machine and look for the color dot on the write unit. If it is anything other than red it is an old one. You can also upgrade to version 40 and turn of the special DOT screen.

totoro
09-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Can you tell me what you mean by changing dot to line and where this is done at? When you say write unit are you referring to the laser units? Sorry as I said I have had only the minimum of training on this machine and I only have 2 of them in my territory to work on. Thanks for the info.

random
09-16-2008, 09:00 PM
In the print driver under quality or screen. You can select between dot and line. Line is usually better, dot is usually default. The write unit is the laser unit.

Custom Search