PDA

View Full Version : C224/224e blocking junk faxes ???

Custom Search

copyman
03-14-2018, 05:50 PM
Customer asked if there was a way to block junk faxes? I looked in user and service manuals and only thing I found was to have all faxes go into a box then print out just the faxes you want. I remember back when I was working on a lot of stand alone fax machines you could block individual #'s. But back then fax machines were used to advertise a lot (no internet) . Customers would get a bunch of junk faxes everyday like lunch menus, travel ads, etc. until finally OEM's added the "anti-junk" feature, which is basically a number block.

Thanks in advance

allan
03-14-2018, 05:57 PM
Send to email and let outlook do the job?

blackcat4866
03-15-2018, 12:43 AM
Most fax machines now can authenticate against the addressbook. In other words, if it's in the addressbook it will accept a fax Rx, if it's not in the addressbook it won't Rx. That's about as close as you'll get. =^..^=

bsm2
03-15-2018, 02:52 AM
Junk Faxes are great. Remember you only make money on output. Forward to email makes your owner ZERO dollars. WOW say they get 5 junk faxes at day, a whole 5 cents. Don't waste your time

EarthKmTech
03-15-2018, 01:14 PM
What about all the fun we had in the c360 days with spam faxes of subway lunchtime preordering sheets with excessive coverage getting wrapped around fusing rollers.

Custom Search