PDA

View Full Version : Krocera FS1920. (Label is actually an ADP Laserstation 1920) Low Toner constant

Custom Search

buzz
03-29-2018, 01:55 AM
Constant low toner and adding toner anytime rebooting printer. It is running compatibles but customer has multiple printers and the others are working just fine. Firmware from kyo is from 2005, and status page shows most current at 2007.

Any tips on this one?

Btw only 30K total meter

blackcat4866
03-30-2018, 01:55 AM
Is the toner cartridge bricked? I just had a machine the other day: brand new cartridge would not turn at all. I gave it two hard whacks on the cement floor, slid it in and off it goes. =^..^=

buzz
03-30-2018, 02:10 AM
Yes, I thought of that as well, thanks. I actually pulled another cartridge and installed it, but no go, machine cycles to add and then says low toner. After about 3 or 4 times power cycling, the Low Toner symbol goes away.

They even had another same 1920 doing the same thing in this dept. So its looking like an application problem.

I think the system is not adding as much toner as its being depleted, the average toner coverage for this dept is higher than normal as most of the page is filled with half tone lines and text from top to bottom.

I been hoping to find a Type 1 or Type 2 mode to help with this (like the copiers) but couldnt find anything.

Thanks for responding.

blackcat4866
03-30-2018, 02:30 AM
You shouldn't have problems with toner depletion on monocomponent Kyoceras. I'd start looking at a drive issue to the toner cartridge. I suppose it's possible that you've got a shell of hard toner keeping a void space in front of the toner sensor. It might be worthwhile to look at the developing unit. Maybe it's falsely reading low. If so the developing unit will be packed to the top with toner, and puffing out the seams of the developing unit. =^..^=

Custom Search