PDA

View Full Version : Developing Unit-K BH-C-280 not compatible with Olivetti MF-220?

Custom Search

Hansoon
06-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Developing Unit-K BH-C-280 not compatible with Olivetti MF-220?

Customer used after market K toner in his Olivetti MF-220 (rebranded KonicaMinolta BH-C-220) resulting in offsetting of the fuser unit. Offsetting happened only with K, colors CYM all perfect so the fuser unit does not seem the culprit but obviously the after market K toner.

To help the customer out I brought a K-developing unit from one of our BH-C-280 (should be identical with BH-C-220) with me. To my surprise it didn't fit into the Olivetti. The pin which is beside the lower screw seems thicker than the the size of the hole in the BH-C-280 developing unit. Please, can you guys confirm that the K-developing units are not interchangeable, or did I overlooked something?

Hans

Hansoon
06-10-2018, 12:22 PM
*COUGH*

Hans

blackcat4866
06-10-2018, 03:14 PM
I don't have any answers for you Hans, but I can be fairly certain that the EEPROM is specific to the manufacturer. So even if it fits mechanically, it probably won't recognize it as a new unit. =^..^=

allan
06-10-2018, 04:03 PM
Try changing the plastic rail(cover) at the bottom of the dev unit.
Would have guess that there is no difference...
There is no fancy electronics on the dev chip its a TCR sensor and an ICP.

copyman
06-10-2018, 07:50 PM
Sorry Hans I don't have an answer either but this would be the first time I heard of a cross branded machine that couldn't "fit" the OEM (Konica Minolta) consumables. From my experience they would always fit but would have to change chip, etc.
I'm curious to find out even though I'm not sure cross branded machines are even being sold in the USA anymore? Last K/M cross I seen was an NEC cross to a C253.

Custom Search