PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C280 Error Code C- C186

Custom Search

Gnawzzy
07-08-2018, 06:13 AM
Hey everyone. I recently picked up a c280 with 15k prints on it, seems to be in good shape, though gives a c186 error on startup. I searched and read as much as I could and have gathered that for most people with a c186 error, a firmware update sorts it out.

Rather than call the KM tech, I was hoping I could use a 2GB USB Stick and follow the firmware update procedure in the service manual.

Where can I find the latest firmware for this machine? Is it something I can download, or do I have to buy it? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
ae

stuckmx
07-10-2018, 03:23 PM
firmware is only available to km tech/providers
if you need firmware you can donate to this forum

i can also provide you any km firmware you need

Gnawzzy
07-12-2018, 07:03 PM
Well I paid to have the km tech come look. He put a usb stick in the side of the machine and when in went into the firmware update screen, where apparently it is supposed to list the scanner, printer, and ADF, all it showed was SCANNER and only downloaded and updated firmware for it. He charged me $125 to suppose maybe a main board or NVRAM or PCB are fried and not recognizing the other components of the machine.

In searching the forums, I occasionally saw users offer firmware for this machine using dropbox and MEGA link, though by the time I found them they all 404d. I wish one would have worked because I could have saved $125 to find it out myself.

Any chance he did something wrong, or if the update screen doesnt recognize anything but the scanner, is the whole thing a big useless brick?

copyman
07-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Don't be upset because "technicians" on a "technician" forum didn't provide you with F/W. The reason F/W isn't given out to end users is they can do more damage than good many times.

Even if you were given the F/W how would you have diagnosed the issue. You still would of had to call a tech so don't feel bad.

Bottom line is the tech is probably right you need new NVRAM or maybe the MFB board. Might want to look at formatting the HDD and look into NVRAM reset F/W first.

Gnawzzy
07-12-2018, 09:40 PM
Don't be upset because "technicians" on a "technician" forum didn't provide you with F/W.

God, I hope you didn't get that idea. That's why when the first reply said the FW is only available to KM techs, I called one and paid him to come out. I never asked for anyone to send me firmware, and I paid a tech to look at the machine, so my musings that if one of the old mega links had worked I might have saved myself the headache are the farthest thing from bitching that I didn't get something for free, give me some credit.

Might want to look at formatting the HDD and look into NVRAM reset F/W first.

There we go. I would think the KM tech is the only one with access to the nvram reset firmware? If so I'll be disappointed he didn't think of either of those options, just stuck a USB in, went "huh, not taking firmware, probably a brick, here's your invoice have a nice day." Or are either of those options something I can pursue myself as an end user?

Thank you for assisting.

copyman
08-01-2018, 07:57 PM
I don't think you should of been treated that why by any technician. You can try and do a format of the hard drive yourself. Utility, Admin mode, password "12345678", security settings, HDD settings, format hdd.

Hope it helps.

Gnawzzy
08-01-2018, 09:57 PM
Utility, Admin mode, password "12345678", security settings, HDD settings, format hdd.

Hope it helps.

Thank you so much for being responsive to me and trying to help. When I push the utility/counter button, the only utility menu options that display are number 4 "check consumable life" and number 8 "device information." No other buttons are shown or available. What do you make of that?

EDIT: I managed to so an HDD logical format through the service mode. Still have the same issue where I have no access to admin or network settings or hardly anything in utility mode. What corrects this?

Thanks.

copier addict
08-02-2018, 01:11 PM
Thank you so much for being responsive to me and trying to help. When I push the utility/counter button, the only utility menu options that display are number 4 "check consumable life" and number 8 "device information." No other buttons are shown or available. What do you make of that?

EDIT: I managed to so an HDD logical format through the service mode. Still have the same issue where I have no access to admin or network settings or hardly anything in utility mode. What corrects this?

Thanks.

Go into service mode and do a data clear. That will put setting back default. It may help. You will have to re-install the HDD and load movie data after the data clear.

REGSIS
08-03-2018, 06:45 PM

Thanks.

Try to disable HDD in service mode. System2 --> HDD--> Uninstall
After this you can try to update FW.

I had a corrupt HDD and only scanner and ADF part of FW were updated. After disabling HDD FW updated completed normally.

Custom Search