PDA

View Full Version : Spc820 dn drum replacement interval

Custom Search

duct tape
07-23-2018, 11:36 PM
We have a 820 dn that we’ve serviced since new and after checking the service history found that different techs have changed the pcus at very low print intervals. Is a setting that can be changed to raise the print count for pcu replacement? I can’t seem to find a sp mode that exactly does what I need. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Phil B.
07-23-2018, 11:53 PM
We have a 820 dn that we’ve serviced since new and after checking the service history found that different techs have changed the pcus at very low print intervals. Is a setting that can be changed to raise the print count for pcu replacement? I can’t seem to find a sp mode that exactly does what I need. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

do your records indicate WHY the PCUs were changed? I know some of the color copiers weren't lasting the 100k on the drums... the PCR was failing... I used Nu-Finish Car Polish ... pull the PCR's ... clean and buff several times with the NF.. reinstall...

on those 335/345 series we would get maybe 20-30k... after that trick ... 120k

davel
07-24-2018, 11:36 AM
PCR? Do you mean the charge roller?

duct tape
07-24-2018, 01:00 PM
All replacements were made after the machine gave the message to replace them . It was different techs working on it, so it wasn’t noticed until the same guy went twice in a short time and he checked the print count and found it to be under 10k between those replacements.its the only machine that seems to be doing that.

Phil B.
07-24-2018, 02:36 PM
PCR? Do you mean the charge roller?

PCR = Primary Charge Roller

Custom Search